GV13 Build Progress

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
ScottE
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScottE »

Very impressive clamping techniques, gentlemen. KS8, are those buckets of dirt in your photo? Dirt has a great denseness to it for clamping! :lol: Chicagoross, isn't it scary when you total up the number of containers you've emptied? It's probably best that you throw them away and get rid of the reminders.....

Fred in Wisc
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fred in Wisc »

I think it's best to throw them away before your wife figures out how much you have spent on epoxy.

That's why I order 6 at a time, there are never that many in the workshop to raise questions.

Nice looking GV. That's what I would have built if I had a way to get it out of the basement workshop.

Fred in Wisc

mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature »

Looks pretty cool.. that is one big 13 ft boat

MadRus
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MadRus »

Sweet! Makes me wish I was building one all over again. Keep up the nice work.

ScottE
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScottE »

Made some progress, got gunwales and quarter panels sorted out..Image Dry fit Tempress hatches in rear seat and quarter panels..Image

Overall view, hope to keep plugging along to get on the water by late August/early September (need to get all shaken out by lobster season..) Image

Gunwales were made of 2 thicknesses of 4mm marine ply with glass sandwiched between, final layer of glass on top. This makes for very strong, very light gunwales! Image

ScottE
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Ready to Launch

Post by ScottE »

I'm hauling to the DMV this week to register my boat! There are a few last minute details to attend to (always), but it should be "official" soon.Image

I took full advantage of all the great ideas on the other building sagas on the site (thanks MadRus!), and other's creativity.
As you can see, I modified the console slightly and lifted the wooden grate flooring idea.

I'll post more pics, once we're on the water. :lol:

K-1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by K-1 »

What a beauty ! Congrats on an outstanding build ... can't wait to see the pics of her on the water :D

Pat4
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pat4 »

looks great! she's a real beauty!!

jbo_c
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jbo_c »

Nice. I'm thinking about building an FS14 and doing the interior very similar to this.

Jbo

Dimitris
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dimitris »

Very very clean. I like the grate very much.