Curacao CS 25

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Curacao CS 25

Post by peter-curacao »

Edited by admin: this is the detailed story of the building of a CS25 by Peter H. Long but worth reading.

Well there go's nothing :lol: after a lot of studying the plans I decided to start today before the plans fall apart from the studying :roll: So what did I do? not much if you ask me I measured and cut the transom (3X), frame A and both inside stingers (2x) made some pics that I will post later with some more interesting pics. :P

Laterzzzz

Peter
Last edited by peter-curacao on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

Peter,
Nice to see you start,post plenty pictures.I like the CS boats,but you don't see that many construction photos.
Good luck,
steve

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Peter you got your foot wet. That transom is biggggggg. So good start. Glad you made the first not so small step. :D

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

jgroves
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jgroves »

Lookin' forward to seeing your boat come together. Tom is right... the transom is huge so good work!

peter-curacao

folow up

Post by peter-curacao »

Today (afternoon!) I started with the outside stingers, that is until my tube gave some problems broadcasting the match :oops: what to do???? not so difficult wait for some signal on my dish? didn't think so! what I did is left everything in a hurry and went to the pub to see the rest of the match!! And I think that was a good thing to do! we won from Italy with 3 to nothing Cheerio!!! OK there's always Manana :oops: boating time :oops: Sorry for this no to nothing update

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Today I finished the outside stingers, measured and cut stations F - G - H and epoxy glued the transom pieces together now that was fun :lol:

Al the above with a little hangover from the victory party yesterday :wink:
Tomorrow I will try to finish stations B,C,D and E, wanna try start with the Jig this Saturday.(also try to post some pics then to)
I don't understand one thing though, don't know were I read it but I remember reading that all the stations should be able to cut out of standard plywood 244 x 122, but how do I do that with station B -254x 141,7 , station c - 259 x 155 and station D - 254,2 x 145,7 ? anybody can help me out with that or have some tips?

Ciao

Peter
Last edited by peter-curacao on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Peter don't forget to look at the nesting diagram. Jacque will have shown there what he feels is the best way to get the best way to use the least amount of wood.

I know on my C17 frame C is cut on two different peices of wood because of it's heigth.

Tom
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

TomW wrote:Peter don't forget to look at the nesting diagram. Jacque will have shown there what he feels is the best way to get the best way to use the least amount of wood.

I know on my C17 frame C is cut on two different peices of wood because of it's heigth.

Tom
Thank's Tom but on my nesting diagram there are no stations only frame's, in a earlier question I made to Jacque he recommended me to use stations with a build like this instead of the frames, as you can see here ( http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php ... ht=#135483 )

Peter

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Peter frames and stations are the same. The frame/bulkhead is the peice of wood and the station is where the wood goes, usually. Sometimes we use the terms interchangeably to keep us confused. :lol: So the frames on the nesting page should correspond to the stations. Just crossout frame and put in Stat. A-I for your build. The nesting diagram is just a page Jacque put together to help us use the wood most effeciently. It is just a guide but normally a helpful one.

I also forgot to ask are you using cheap wood or your good wood for the stations. If cheap wood then you can just splice it together where you need to for the stations for the frame. If good wood this is something all together different and why I said to look at the nesting diagram. There will be an indication on where to cut each station from and also other parts in or around the station once it is used for the outside build and you take them out to fiberglass the inside and start putting them back in cut down to size.

Oh, congrats on Curacao's win the other day. I imagine there was one big party :?:

Tom
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Tom thanks for you reply but I still don't understand it, the frames on the nesting page don't exactly correspond to the stations.
I try to explain it again with some pics, this is what jacques told me to do.
jacquesmm wrote:The dimensions for the molds are on the stations drawings. That is what you use for molds, no need to put small pieces together.
So I did, only problem is stations/molds B-C-D are to big to cut out a standard piece of plywood or mdf etc

I hope i was more clear now

Ciao

Peter

Btw it was the Netherlands who won from Italy :P Curaçao is a Dutch Island