Curacao CS 25

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Curacao CS 25

Post by peter-curacao »

TomTom wrote:
What were you fishing for there?
The usual Tuna, Mahi and Wahoo.

cape man

Post by cape man »

Mahi? What the heck is that? I thought that was a fish from Hawaii. Don't you mean Cabishot, or Dorado, or Drader, or Goudmakreel, or Dolfijnvis, or like here in Florida a Dolphin? :D :D :D 8)
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

cape man

Post by cape man »

I also like to reply when asked what I am fishing for...because I can.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

cape man wrote:
Mahi? What the heck is that? I thought that was a fish from Hawaii. Don't you mean Cabishot, or Dorado, or Drader, or Goudmakreel, or Dolfijnvis, or like here in Florida a Dolphin? :D :D :D 8)
:lol: Lol Yeah we use the names Mahi mahi, Dorado and sometimes Dolphin over here. At the moment I'm into the series Hawaii five 0 (new version) great series beautiful language imho. So I preferred the name Mahi above Dorado. And Dolphin wat can I say? who gave it that name? First time I visited the States (Miami) over 25 years ago I visited a restaurant having Dolphin on the Menu I thought what the heck are the serving sea mammals over here? I tried it anyway after some explaining but it was a bit confusing at first LOL :lol: :lol:

cape man

Post by cape man »

First time I visited the States (Miami) over 25 years ago I visited a restaurant having Dolphin on the Menu I thought what the heck are the serving sea mammals over here? I tried it anyway after some explaining but it was a bit confusing at first LOL :lol: :lol:
And that is why we too call it Mahi in the stores here. :help: I gave Richard a real rash accusing him of being a fake native Floridian when he called them Mahi.

Probably more common names for that fish, in more languages, than any other as it circumnavigates the world in warm waters, is a great fighter, is beautiful, and is delicious!

So you never call them Cabishots? According to Fishbase.org that's a common name in Papiementu.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

I French it is dorade and I think in Spanish dorado but it depends on the location.
The latin name is Coryphen something . . .
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

cape man wrote:
So you never call them Cabishots? According to Fishbase.org that's a common name in Papiementu.
No not that I know of we mostly call it Dorado or more commonly Dradu in word and writing.
jacquesmm wrote: I think in Spanish dorado
That's correct it is the Spanish term

Fonda@kauai
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fonda@kauai »

We call the little ones here Cane Knives :lol:
Aloha

devinfox
New Poster
New Poster

Post by devinfox »

Peter, this is an awesome build. Did you stretch the design +3 feet or are you considering the bracket as the extended length? What's your top end with that 300? thanks!

danieloldhouse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by danieloldhouse »

He didn't stretch the design, the extra length is due to the bracket :wink: