FS17 low sheer

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jgroves
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jgroves »

You have built a cool boat! I check out all your pics when you post but there is not much more I can say than WOW. Also your pigmented epoxy is a great idea for your closed spaces. I have just got around to "finishing" all my compartments and I'm using white pigmented epoxy. It looks good. I would have never thought of that. Keep doing cool things like that :D

Cracka
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cracka »

Joel, the boat looks fantastic I can't wait to see you get it in the water for some pics and perf data. I am thinking this one might be a bit more versatile for me than the FS18, hmmm, wouldn't it be nice to have both.....

Mick

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

motor was hung on Friday. I still have to get the fuel line hooked up and also find a switch for the trim/tilt.

gas fill is finished

Its tricky to use tillers with poling platforms. The tiller will hit the platform supports before it maxes out to port. This is especially difficult with a jackplate setting the motor back further which creates an even tighter angle. Some fellows at microskiff.com were kind enough o provide me some spacing measurements from other platforms, so with that an a drawing and measurements from the jack plate I made a rough guesstimate of how far apart to put the supports. Here is where the tiller maxes out.... About 3/16" from hitting the support :)

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Nice Joel she really looks great. You have that motor planned just right. couldn't have squeezed it any closer. :P :D

Tom

BassMunn

Post by BassMunn »

Hey Joel if I can get my boat anywhere the finish you have on yours I'll be a very proud owner. Real quality workmanship.
The boats gonna be a rocket with that motor on it.

Tagged
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Tagged »

Umm Joel,

I hate to be the one to break it to you, especially this far into the build. But looking at the second picture of your last post, I'm pretty sure the boat won't fit through that door.

Minor oversight.

Tag

gk108
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by gk108 »

Sure he can. Just open the cape man hatch. :D
CC, D15, V10

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Yea, yea Capeman hatch. Works every time! :D :D

Tom

chicagoross
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by chicagoross »

Joel. beautiful build (as always!) I know Tohatsu makes a bunch of motors for Mercury, didn't know about that one, but it sure looks like the new (japanese made) 3-cyl 2 stroke 40 tiller Merc I have waiting at my place in the philipines for my next PI build (have been thinking about a FS17 for there). Except mines black. Will be really interested in your performance figures!

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Very nice Joel, but I'm afraid it is too light. You need more mods. Maybe not that many if you weld together some 1/4 inch steel plate cup holders (just mount them low).

Looking forward to the fly-by pictures! Try to keep part of the hull touching the water. You know all the vain fish will be kissing themselves in that finish, and ignore the lures. :D