FS17 low sheer

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
BassMunn

Post by BassMunn »

Very Nice Joel 8) Now it's time to get some fish blood on that deck :wink:

Dog Fish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Dog Fish »

Looks great, you guys should be very proud :!: The poling platform is really cool, I bet it wont be long before you whack your head on it. Super job and best of luck with it . :)

stickystuff
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by stickystuff »

Got to be an awsome feeling. The first time we put the PH15 in the water and how it performed was awsome also. The only problem we had was running straight out the motor would lose its bite. (4 blade power tech prop) Made a call to power tech and they sent me a diff prop and solved all the problems with prop ventilation.
I kick myself in the arse for getting involved with the Flatstalker dealershop. I will def. build the FS 17. Great job. You better bring it with you to Crystal River in the spring. Thumbs up to you . Great job.
Capt. Ken Owens

A little saw dust, a little glue, and a lot of love, and she will float.

cape man

Post by cape man »

She squats more that I would like while at rest.
When you say more than you would like, is it really a problem (transom so low a wave can come over, scuppers below the waterline)? I weigh about 165, so maybe if you just put me forward it will fix the issue?

Very nice. Cannot believe you finished as quickly as you did. I also like the color scheme inside. Very unique and surprisingly pleasing to the eye.

bernd1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by bernd1 »

Nice boat :D

Any movies there the FS17 is in action?

Bye
Bernd

topwater

Post by topwater »

Impressive....... :!:

jgroves
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jgroves »

Woohoo! Looks great. I like the colors you chose... you can really see them out in the sun. Next you will have to show us some of the fish you catch down there :!:

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Very nice! :D

For the weight distribution issue, after moving the batteries, you could also stow a 90 pound fisherman's anchor on the casting deck. Never know when you might need that. Are you thinking you'll try the 25 HP, or, wait for someone else to finish and launch with a 25?

Now fill her up with everything she was built to be filled with!

Congrats! :D

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Image Jaw dropping boat very nice

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Thanks everyone.

Ken, the prop is an old aluminum one that came with the motor, I have to admit I have not even looked at the pitch :oops: So I know I can get better all around performance with the proper prop

Because I just have holes in the side as apposed to scuppers with floats or flaps, water will come in if we both stand on the same side. This is something I was ready for, but I may install a scupper out the transom with a flapper, maybe not.

The only reason not to move the battery forward is that I do not want it in the same compartment as the fuel tank. Of course, if I put a trolling motor up front, that battery will be in the anchor locker area (plenty of room up there)

I need to get a new water pump installed, the motor was only peeing at high idle and above.

Im really happy with the color scheme

Cape man and KS, I did not even have an anchor on board, so there will be another 40 pounds or so all the way forward. When I put my fishing buddy on board sitting on the cooler box the boat was much more level. With the 2 of us on board the water line was around 2" inches below the sole. With 225 of skipper, 200 pound of motor, and no other weights, she she squats more than she will with another person forward, more gear, and more fuel. I doubt I can loose much weight, so I may look for someone who would like to to swap for a 25, in the mean time I going to have some fun with the FAST skiff 17