Anyone Fishing?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Anyone Fishing?

Post by narfi »

hehe thats not winter gear, thats just sweaters for out on the lake, no need when walking on land :P the gloves are just grippy gloves for holding the fish, not wearing the rest of the time.

It has been a cooler summer here, though we have had a couple 2-3 day spells of heat, I have utilized them all for epoxy and painting and timing has worked out well for my projects for the most part. Working too much to enjoy summer anyways......

BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by BarraMan »

While looking for a pic to post in another thread, I stumbled across this one off my sounder of a crocodile sitting under my boat. Thought you might find it interesting! :help:

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

BarraMan wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:02 pm While looking for a pic to post in another thread, I stumbled across this one off my sounder of a crocodile sitting under my boat. Thought you might find it interesting! :help:

So, trying to understand the croc's position under the boat...he is suspended off the bottom and casting a shadow and his length is parallel to the boat?
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Its a sidescan image - which takes a bit of thought to get your head around the image is presented if your not into it!

This diagram may help to explain.

So in the image of the croc, the bow of the boat is at the top of the image. The croc is below the boat, slightly to the port side and off the bottom a little - so the beam is throwing a shadow further off to the left. The croc is sitting with its head in the direction of the back of the boat, ie towards the bottom of the image.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Thanks Lee...I want to find that croc sliding down the bank video that scared the crap outta my kid. Try him again! I told him it was a fishing video.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

fallguy1000 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:08 am Thanks Lee...I want to find that croc sliding down the bank video that scared the crap outta my kid. Try him again! I told him it was a fishing video.
Huh? You mean THIS one?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=612499922744126

BarraMan

Anyone Fishing?

Post by BarraMan »

Wow, things are quiet in this thread - well that's about to change! :D

I'm less than two weeks out from departure on my 6th 2,500 mile/40 hour round trip to fish the McArthur R delta region in the Northern Territory (NT) of Oz, chasing Lates calcarifer - the mighty Barramundi.

For the first time I seem to be well ahead of the game. The Disco (SUV) is serviced and ready to go and the boat is also serviced, checked and ready for action. For a variety of reasons, this will be only my second fishing trip in 2021, after a disastrous trip to the Gulf region of Queensland in April.

These trips are a bit like a Space Shuttle launch! Lots of preparation and checking before wheeling the boat out ready for launch. We go to some very remote places where, if something goes wrong, help is hours or even days away. :help:

My crew for this trip is my younger son who I will collect from an airport about halfway to our destination and my Brother who is a bit 'flash' and will fly himself into our base camp! :lol: Its a bit sad that my other fishing mate is unable to get into either Queensland or the NT because of stupid State-centric covid restrictions, even though he is fully vaccinated. As a result, he may well have a nervous breakdown if we have a successful fishing trip. He and I boated 102 barra in 5 days this time last year! 8O

I have 5 video cameras mounted on the boat and a hand-held, and for the first time, Darcy the Drone will join us! Hopefully I will get some good footage to share.

This is the reason I built my boat and I am 'living the dream'! :D

Meet Darcy!

Not my footage - but hopefully a taste of things to come!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=657038484871716
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=566052580542589

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

I for one am looking forward to all the latest barra adventures. And the drone will only make for better pictures.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Can't wait for pictures from this trip. Have a safe trip Lee.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Safe trip Lee!!! Good luck!! Jeff