Anyone Fishing?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

The big kids fishing

Post by Fuzz »

Momma got to take some pretty good pictures of the big kids fishing.

Fuzz

Re: Anyone Fishing?

Post by Fuzz »

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Beautiful Fuzz!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Great pics Fuzz, I see one of the fisher bears caught one in the second pic. :D
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Mila had never been any place with a lot of bears so having her go to Brooks Falls was great for her. Brooks Falls is well known for having lots of bears there every year when the salmon are running. They have many different ways of catching fish but they all catch enough fish to really put on some winter fat. Not sure how many bears were there but 50-100 would be a fair guess.

cape man

Post by cape man »

Awesome!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

cape man

Post by cape man »

Great trip to Bozeman Montana. Beat the Madison River to a froth with the fly rod on Wed afternoon with not even a rise. Only thing that made me feel good was there was only one fish with about a dozen fishermen...and the scenery was awesome!

Thursday we hit the yellowstone and the Gallatin with Rapalas and spinning gear and I caught several respectable rainbows and my first brown trout.
20220728_111200.jpg
28907.jpeg
Yesterday morning we trolled spinners on Hyalite reservoir and caught about a dozen small Yellowstone Cutthroats.
20220729_102641.jpg
Weather was awesome!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

cape man

Post by cape man »

Forgot the Gallatin pic
20220728_172725.jpg

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

cape man wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:36 am Great trip to Bozeman Montana. Beat the Madison River to a froth with the fly rod on Wed afternoon with not even a rise. Only thing that made me feel good was there was only one fish with about a dozen fishermen...and the scenery was awesome!

Thursday we hit the yellowstone and the Gallatin with Rapalas and spinning gear and I caught several respectable rainbows and my first brown trout.20220728_111200.jpg28907.jpeg
Yesterday morning we trolled spinners on Hyalite reservoir and caught about a dozen small Yellowstone Cutthroats.20220729_102641.jpg

Weather was awesome!
I fished some of those dead days. I always carry a hook and dig up a worm under a rock and drift it far away from me and the other fishermen. I think the worms get reaction bites, just like a bait rising off the bottom.

But I fished in Canada one year and caught like 2 fish in a week. This year, Luke and I went to Upper Red Lake and spent 7 days there. We were only able to fish about 20 hours to high winds and caught 10 walleyes. My 2nd worst trip ever. The water was mud stained from all the wind. We'd catch fish where we cpuld find clear water. One clear water area had zilch.

Fishin can be damn hard. Nice pics.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

That looks like it was a great trip even if the fishing was not the best. Some beautiful country you got to see and enjoy.