Anyone Fishing?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Anyone Fishing?

Post by BarraMan »

Thanks! ‘Grouper’ makes sense. :lol:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice!! Jeff

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Countdown! :D

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

BarraMan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:41 am Countdown! :D

Am jealous. Good fishing and fair weather be yours!
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Male spawn had a few days leave before going someplace not here. I managed to trade some boat work for a "future trip" a couple months back. Cashed that in for about 20 fun little reds on a day when the temps kept everyone inside. I think the high was about 61. Winds about 20 out of the north east. Wonderful day on the water.

I guess not all of them were small reds.

My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

I sent a advance party to King Ash Bay to check out the fishing. My mate Crabman (ie a former pro spanner crabber) is usually part of our fishing team but this year he is currently up there with some mates on a houseboat. I introduced Crabman to fishing in the Northern Territory on the McArthur River at King Ash Bay and he has been with us each year since - 2017 to 2022, till now! :(

I told him that he was banned from fishing anywhere he had been with me on the FB3 (ie F@#king Big Barra Boat), but I think he has ignored that, as the FB3 has pretty much been everywhere! 8O I am reviewing his membership of the FB3 fishing team! :lol:

The fishing is fantastic! Three digit numbers of barramundi have been boated, with the specimen below currently the biggest and at 96cm (38"), a PB for the Crabbing Man!

We don't weigh barra, just measure them - with 1M being the magic number that barra fishermen live for! My first ever barra was 104cm and I have spent the last 23 yrs, and according to my wife $$$$$$, trying to repeat that effort. :lol:

The FB3 Fishing Team usually consists of myself, my son Stuart, my brother Geoff and Craig (aka Crabman) but this year it is depleted. Crabman has dumped us and Stuart has a major diversion!

Calan Finn Fitzpatrick, our first grandchild, arrived on October 11!

So this years fishing trip is just Bro and I :D

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

I know you don't weigh them but what would you guess the pictured one would weigh?
I fully understand how first grand kid can change things. Had our first in August so I don't see much of grandmom any more.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Fuzz wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:56 pm I know you don't weigh them but what would you guess the pictured one would weigh?
I fully understand how first grand kid can change things. Had our first in August so I don't see much of grandmom any more.
The only one I have weighed was my first - 102 cm (40”) and 13.6 kg (30lb) so maybe 25+ lbs ! 8O

The big fish like that, over about 80 cm (32”), are breeding females and should be released. Any fish 120 cm (48”) and above must be released. 60 - 70 cm (24-28”) are the best eating, and there is a 5 fish per person possession limit.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Day 1: The first 500 miles of my 1250 mile pilgrimage to the McArthur River in the Northern Territory!

Q/night in Cloncurry, a mining and cattle town, otherwise known as "The Curry"!

A girl I went to school with became a high school teacher and her first posting was to Mt Isa, another mining to the west of Cloncurry. One evening some friends asked her if she would like to go to The Curry with them. " Oh yes, an Indian restaurant would be nice", she thought! :D
After driving for many miles she thought, "This restaurant is a long way out of town"! :lol:

cape man

Post by cape man »

Go get it!! Hope you land a lot and break the 1 meter goal!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman