Anyone Fishing?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Anyone Fishing?

Post by BarraMan »

Day 2 of the "Pilgrimage" sees us another 400 miles to the west.

Overnight stop is the Barkly Homestead Roadhouse - in the middle of nowhere, a couple of hundred miles from anything! 8O

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Keep on posting! I love your little fishing trips. Makes my trips all seem much shorter :wink:

cape man

Post by cape man »

That looks like my kind of place!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice!! Jeff

cape man

Post by cape man »

20240116_071900.jpg
20240126_164033.jpg
20 minutes in front of the house.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

I got notification of CapeMan's post above and went in for a look. Interesting fish! Don't know what they are - but thought of piranha! :lol:

Then I looked at the posts above and wondered why nobody has asked, "What happened? You were on your way for your BIG annual fishing trip - then nothing, 'not a thing', 'nothing at all', 'nil', 'zero', 'zilch', 'nix', 'not a dicky bird', 'sweet Fanny Adams'"! :doh:

Two (2) months later, I think I have my PFSD (that's Post Fishing Stress Disorder) under control enough to talk about it. 8O

I wrote above about my 'former' fishing mate who fished the King Ash Bay area from a houseboat the week before my Brother and I got up there. Five (5) blokes on two (2) boats boated 300+ barramundi in 10 days fishing. Let's call that an average of six (6) barra each per day.

My Bro and I got up there a couple of days after they left. We fished all my favorite spots and many new spots. We fished here, we fished there, we fished everywhere. We traveled hundreds of miles and used multi-gallons of gas. We suffered 100+F temperature and dodged multiple thunderstorms.

In six (6) days of solid fishing we caught, not one (1), not two (2), but a grand total of three (3) barramundi ! :help:

At an estimated A$2000 per fish, they could be the most expensive barra the world has ever seen!

Barra season opens here on February 1 - I am having nightmares just thinking about it! :lol:

cape man

Post by cape man »

Top two are Blue Gill, and the bottom is a Red Breast Sunfish. All Centrarchids.

If I include the mortgage and dock cost they are also $2000 each! :lol:

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Last thing a guy should do is figure out the price of fish per pound. Would make all of us sell the boats :help: :help:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice Cape Man!!! Jeff