First pics of the hull.

All the best.

Marcelo
Sb18Coral
http://sb18coral.zip.net/

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:51 pm
by ks8
Thanks! :)

Is it just a camera focal length thing, or is that boat not fitting through the garage door? 8O

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:03 pm
by marcelo
Hello,

It is just a camera issue, it is inside the garage right now... :D

I did not pay attention to that detail.

All the best.

Marcelo.

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:09 pm
by ks8
A garage door that is wide enough is a wonderful thing. It's shaping up nicely. 8)

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:50 pm
by marcelo
Hello All,

Just an update about my SB18Coral

I applied the tape inside an already have two frames in their places (F and E). Pics next week.

Greg, thank you for your pics, they have helped a lot.

All the best.

Marcelo
SB18Coral

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:27 pm
by sngatlanta
marcelo wrote:Hello All,

Just an update about my SB18Coral

I applied the tape inside an already have two frames in their places (F and E). Pics next week.

Greg, thank you for your pics, they have helped a lot.

All the best.

Marcelo
SB18Coral
Congratulations on getting back to work after the vacation. Now I must assume that you also got the bi axel fabric in place after the tape and before the frames right? It’s just that you didn’t mention that and I wouldn’t want to here you skipped it. :o

:o Greg

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:33 pm
by marcelo
Hi Greg,

Thank you Buddy!!!

Yes, I have applied the biaxial fabric after the tape and I think this time I used less resin (tape + biaxial around 1 gal). Is it better? :doh:

I have the frames F and E in place too. I will post some pics this week.

All the best and keep building!!!

Marcelo
SB18Coral

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:25 pm
by marcelo
Hello All,

Some pics about the progress.

Enjoy.

All the best.

Marcelo
SB18Coral
http://www.sb18coral.zip.net

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:45 am
by davekf
Marcelo... how's your build going :?: Everything looks great so far!

-Dave :D

Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:02 pm
by marcelo
Hello Dave,

How are you?

I started working at the lift keel, but due some work and travels, my progress has been too small those last weeks.

But everythings is going very well.

All the best guys!!!

Marcelo

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 pm
by sngatlanta
What's up Marcelo?

I’m getting back to work as you probably have seen from the post. Were did you get in the building stage while I was away.

You didn’t splash the boat and start practice runs without letting us know did you? :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:19 pm
by marcelo
Hello Greg,

How are you doing?

I am travelling a lot with my job, then I did not spent much time in the boat. I got the keel laminated, but I saw as lof of comments about the measures, so I need go over those comments to understand what is happening.

I hope everything is going well with you!!!

Pretty soon I will post some progress.

All the best.

Marcelo.

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:19 pm
by sngatlanta
Good to here from you Marcelo. I had a bit of the travel for pay thing too lately and I don’t like it at all. I use to do it all the time but about 3 years ago I swore it off. Never say never I guess. It’s just that with the economy I’ll do what ever it takes to keep the business going.

Anyway as far as the keel is concerned just check your plans and make sure the keel template measures the full size. Measuring using the heavy black line marked as "Final Keel Outline" it should be 14-5/8" x 2" or 375 mm x 50 mm. It seems most everyone else received the correct print so you more than likely have a good set of templates.

Hope you can get back to work on the boat soon.

Greg