Sashimi-panga22-Kauai

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fonda@kauai
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fonda@kauai »

Update: bottom, side panels, and stringers are cut out. Also got my strongback set up, level, and squared. Tomorrow hopefully I'll get all the frames finished and can start setting them on the jig and laminating my stringers together. Feels good to make a little progess after all the rain here :D
Aloha

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Fonda@kauai wrote:Update: bottom, side panels, and stringers are cut out. Also got my strongback set up, level, and squared. Tomorrow hopefully I'll get all the frames finished and can start setting them on the jig and laminating my stringers together. Feels good to make a little progess after all the rain here :D
Putting all the panels together to make the hull shape is one of them most rewarding points of the build - post pictures when you have them :)

Fonda@kauai
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fonda@kauai »

One milestone reached- jig is done! Image This is from between frames "B" and "A" looking toward the transom. That's the tip of "B" that's visible. In order to get a shot of the whole thing I'll have to take the front panel off the tent, and it's rainy right now so that'll have to wait. Building in a tent is actually pretty easy so far except the mosquitos love it in there. And condensation isn't a problem because the airflow isn't bad in there. I only close the sides completely when it pours, so it stays real dry. I also took a shot of how nice the center lines line up on all the frames but the shots not that great Image The three frames between the motorwell bulk head and "C" look crappy because they're just throw away molds out of cheap ply and MDF. Probably gonna take tomorrow off as it's my 27th B-day but other than that movin along quicker than I thought. A lot of beauties getting built by you guys, I appreciate you setting the bar so high :wink: Edit: Thanx Aripeka Angler, links fixed
Last edited by Fonda@kauai on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aloha

chicagoross
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by chicagoross »

In that second shot I can sure see what they've talked about on bending the front panels for the pangas! :D There's something to look forward to!

Fonda@kauai
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fonda@kauai »

frame "A" is just a sliver :help:
Aloha

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Fonda, looking good :) I really like the boat you are building.

The text of your photo needs to end in jpg. Then highlight the text and hit the img button ONCE.

Continued good luck and you will be catching mahi real soon :wink:

Richard

cape man

Post by cape man »

Looking forward to watching this baby come together. Happy BDay!!!

BassMunn

Post by BassMunn »

Looking Good Fonda! Happy Birthday :wink: May your year be filled with epoxy and ply wood :lol:

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Looks good and happy birthday.

Tom

Fonda@kauai
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fonda@kauai »

Here's a pretty good arguement for peel ply I think Image This is on the outside of the bottom panel so hopefully it will make fairing a little easier. It looks like there's a big ridge on the edge of the splice in the picture, but it's barely detectable to the touch. Easily faired out. I think I'll use the peel ply everywhere I can from here on out 8)
Aloha