Building the HB20 "Fog Bender"

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Building the HB20 "Fog Bender"

Post by TomW »

Mike, Armstrong doen't give much info, but this company D&D does. Aluminum type and thicknesses, including installation and measuring transom for proper fit. I think it will give you everything you need to weld one up yourself. They show a base size of 30" offset but says that can be adjusted, you only need 20 to 24" take it from the motor well size. I'm assuming you know the steps of acid etching and painting aluminum since you worked with it. :D

If you do one for a 19' boat design it for twin engines as I discussed in the other post 19' is pretty small to put a bracket on. 21' is okay but still marginal.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

michaelwpayton
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by michaelwpayton »

Thanks Tom... I'll check out D&D. If I build one, it will be for an HB20... not an HM19. My buddy, if/when he gets serious, thinks he wants to put a 50HP (247lb Yamaha I think) on an HB20 and go 25MPH. I don't know... unless the water is glass, my guess is it will not be a comfy ride :help:
"all things should be as simple as possible... but no simpler"

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Mike I'm sorry I forgot to leave the site it is here. http://www.dadmarine.com/pictures__info1.htm

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

michaelwpayton
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by michaelwpayton »

Thanks Tom... I was looking for them :-)
"all things should be as simple as possible... but no simpler"

mrusson
New Poster
New Poster

Post by mrusson »

Zignman,
I have looked through your HB20 posts and images. I have to say I am impressed with your build! I sent you an email asking if there was a place you have your build photos posted in a bit larger resolution? I have bad eyes, and I have to blow images up really big to be able to see them. I was hoping that maybe i could find them bigger?
Also, for those who have purchased the plans, are they large prints that are easily read? Thank you for any information you may have.

zignman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by zignman »

Congrats on your new build, I have really enjoyed building this boat. I will check out my pics for you. Send me your addy and I will forward them to you. Also don't be afraid to ask questions about how I went about my build. Zignman <warrenp@sonic.net>

mrusson
New Poster
New Poster

Post by mrusson »

Email sent today. THANK YOU for your help !!!!!