Another Cracker GF12

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Another Cracker GF12

Post by peter-curacao »

Murry wrote:I completely missed this one, Larry
Yep he does that! sneak in an other thread, and spit out an other boat before you even know it! 8) the only advice I can give is: don't blink your eyes!
O yeah and don't fall a sleep, don't take a shower, don't go to the can, quit your job, eat behind your PC, have s.x behind your PC etc etc etc! if not you will miss another great boat :P

Bowmovement
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bowmovement »

Murry wrote:I completely missed this one, Larry I hope the delivery went well for you and the fishing too.

Haveing a chance to target bottom fish for big grouper has always been a dream of mine. Honestly, I really enjoy bottom fishing in deep water period, you never know what you might real up and it usually pulls pretty good too :D

The only grouper I've had a chance at have been on offshore head boats out of the Morehead City, N.C. area.
Carolina Princess and the Capt. Stacy. A lot of fun but they can be a bit crowded. I'd sure like to hear about your success.

Daniel
Good Ol' Capt. Stacy! Used to fish that boat all the time as a kid. At least once a year on a school field trip growing up.
Good memories.

Matt
"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

This isn't anything like headboat fishing, it's much better :wink: A few good friends who know how to fish, plenty of fish, life doesn't get any finer.
Honestly, I really enjoy bottom fishing in deep water period, you never know what you might real up and it usually pulls pretty good too

This trip was different from my other trips with Richard, and different from my normal local bottom fishing. Locally we have to fish in 100+ feet of water to catch good grouper and snapper, summer and winter. Fishing in the GOM in the spring and summer is about the same, but in fall the fish are in 30-40 feet of water in the Gulf. That ain't my territory but Richard knows where to find them. I've never caught grouper or snapper that shallow before. You still never know what you are going to come up with, and some of them pull real good. Really good :!: Good enough that quality 80 lb tackle sometimes won't even turn them around 8) . We left quite a few fish in the rocks.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Murry
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Murry »

peter-curacao wrote:
Murry wrote:I completely missed this one, Larry
Yep he does that! sneak in an other thread, and spit out an other boat before you even know it! 8) the only advice I can give is: don't blink your eyes!
O yeah and don't fall a sleep, don't take a shower, don't go to the can, quit your job, eat behind your PC, have s.x behind your PC etc etc etc! if not you will miss another great boat :P
:lol:

I was talking about the scheduled delivery. :D
Cracker Larry wrote:This isn't anything like headboat fishing, it's much better :wink: A few good friends who know how to fish, plenty of fish, life doesn't get any finer.
Honestly, I really enjoy bottom fishing in deep water period, you never know what you might real up and it usually pulls pretty good too

This trip was different from my other trips with Richard, and different from my normal local bottom fishing. Locally we have to fish in 100+ feet of water to catch good grouper and snapper, summer and winter. Fishing in the GOM in the spring and summer is about the same, but in fall the fish are in 30-40 feet of water in the Gulf. That ain't my territory but Richard knows where to find them. I've never caught grouper or snapper that shallow before. You still never know what you are going to come up with, and some of them pull real good. Really good :!: Good enough that quality 80 lb tackle sometimes won't even turn them around 8) . We left quite a few fish in the rocks.
Wow. 8O Left several in the rocks. I like the sound of the that. :D Sounds like you had a great trip. Not to mention getting those fish on the dinner table.
Thanks for sharing Larry. I'll get out there one day.

Bobg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bobg »

I just can't stop when I start reading one of your threads, CL.

Another fine build with some good guys and adventures, along the way. I really enjoyed it!

Bob