MGuel FL12 Build!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
mguel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: MGuel FL12 Build!

Post by mguel »

No, I sure didn't. The eye I have is a two pronged eye. It's pretty sturdy and I did have a LOT of filler in the bow plus double the glass on the outside and inside. So, I'm not too worried..

mguel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by mguel »

We finally got to put the FL12 on the water this past Saturday! It was tricky not having a boat trailer. We had to transport the boat in my utility trailer with the motor mounted on the trailer frame! We decided to launch her at Bastrop Bayou on the ramp under the bridge down FM 2004 in Angleton, Texas. It's just a few miles near my parents. Once we got her in the water we put the motor on her and rowed her out towards the center. My dad got a little scared so he put on his life vest. Lol, i don't blame him...we don't know anything about boating. We weren't blessed with "sea legs"!

It took me a while to get her started but once she did she was great. We fished for a little bit with no luck but we really just wanted to test the motor out. I was worried the 7.5 hp would be too heavy but it wasn't. She handled it fine. We had to call it a day early cause of the incoming rain. Nevertheless, the boat and motor are awesome!!

I didn't get to take any pictures of the boat while in motion, from a land angle, but I'll try next time!

Dad hadn't fished in YEARS!

Bastrop Bayou...very beatuiful..but I wouldn't eat the fish!

Me enjoying my FL12, motor, and great company!

RickW
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by RickW »

"Me enjoying my FL12, motor, and great company!"

Amen brother!

perfect combination to explore some of those bayou's and make for some great times. btw, the boat's beautiful, nice job.