D5 weight in 4mm?

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
PJPiercey
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: D5 weight in 4mm?

Post by PJPiercey »

Easier to shorten than lengthen!

Paul

Cascadie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cascadie »

Yes, for sure. So I'm going to row it around for a bit more and make absolutely sure before I make any decision. I'm actually getting the hang of rowing it now, so I'm hesitating.

I took it out on Friday afternoon and fished East Lake here in Oregon. I caught about five little Rainbow trout and one nice 12" Brown trout. The important thing is that it was very comfortable to anchor, stand and fish and get the fish off the line with very little trouble. No fish big enough to need a net, yet. :( It was easy in and out of the water, too. It rows easily enough to navigate the whole lake, and I wasn't overly tired at the end of 4+ hours on the lake, although I will be investing in a seat cushion, and a rod holder.

PJPiercey

Post by PJPiercey »

I'd like to rig up a "cane" backrest for my V12. After a few hours my lower back gets a little tired.

Paul

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Congrats on the splash! :D

That picture does the job, but it doesn't mean you can't post more... find that charger... :)

Cascadie
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cascadie »

Just a follow-up to the shortening of the oars - worked like a charm! Rowing is far easier now. We now return you to your normally scheduled broadcast.