Tom's C17ccx "CARONDELET"

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Tom's C17ccx "CARONDELET'

Post by TomW »

Well here is the pics the first is of the C17 and the extended side. I left my saw guides/straight edges which just happen to be 3" wide to show what the difference is.Image These 3 tools and a carpenters square is all I uses to lay out all the Frames.

Second pic is of the workshop and the layout of the two sheets at once layout. Once the Frames are done I'll lay out some 2x8's and go the other way to cut the long panels. Image

And the last pic is of the 100 yr old walnut that I have to play with in some way or another to decorate this boat. I probably won't use a lot as it's not a good boat wood but it will definately be used.Image

Tom
Last edited by TomW on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

Murry
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Murry »

That sounds like a well thought out boat Tom.

Good Luck with her,
Daniel

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

:doh: I only see one pic, question Tom how many boats did you build when this one is finished ?
Edit oeps now i see three pics :oops:

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Peter I first floated the C17ccx in April 2008, I have been building and rebuilding her ever since. :lol: I know exactly what I want and how I am going to do it. That is just the way I am, I'm sort of Bipolar so have to do things in my own time also. Razz me all you want but I'll finish mine before you finish yours! :P
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

TomW wrote:Peter I first floated the C17ccx in April 2008, I have been building and rebuilding her ever since. :lol: I know exactly what I want and how I am going to do it. That is just the way I am, I'm sort of Bipolar so have to do things in my own time also. Razz me all you want but I'll finish mine before you finish yours! :P
Tom I didn't razz you, if it felt that way I'm sorry, it was just an honest question because I thought you were in boatbuilding for many years

BassMunn

Post by BassMunn »

Way to go Tom, glad to see those first cuts starting to take place. I think we are all pretty excited to see your build :wink:

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Peter no harm done and don't feel bad I have been around the boat building and repair buisness a long time. Have helped a lot of people repair and reconstruct there boats. This is my first boat of my own from scratch and I want it right. This has to be a multi-use boat that I can use in not only on my local lake that is 30-40 miles long, but the Mississippi River, Lake Michigan and offshore North Carolina on good days.

Tom
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

topwater

Post by topwater »

Way to go tom.....i know you have been building this one in your head for some time.
Now that you have every thing straight it should go much faster "alot less pondering time "
Novi 23 finally launched !

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

TomW wrote:Peter no harm done and don't feel bad I have been around the boat building and repair buisness a long time. Have helped a lot of people repair and reconstruct there boats. This is my first boat of my own from scratch and I want it right. This has to be a multi-use boat that I can use in not only on my local lake that is 30-40 miles long, but the Mississippi River, Lake Michigan and offshore North Carolina on good days.

Tom
Oke again good luck with your build, looking forward to see the progress.
TomW wrote:I have been around the boat building and repair buisness a long time. Have helped a lot of people repair and reconstruct there boats.
That's what I thought and saw, that's also why I tought you build a lot of boats, sorry for this misunderstanding.

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

TopWater I am done doing any pondering everything is in it's place and the build will go as fast as I can make it go. I have the router bits on hand for the hatches just need to get the weather stripping and latches and hinges once I flip her. I think everyting I need is listed on my favorites page for the boat. All I need to do is order it as the time comes to do so.

Tom
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy