Page 1 of 1

Tom's C17ccx "CARONDELET"

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:40 pm
by TomW
C will be a center console 18'2" long 1' longer than the C17. She will be about 6" wider than the C17. Instead of the cabin I am developing a center console version. The original C17 has the fuel tank above the sole, in mine it will be below the sole, lowering the CG. All parts have been looked at and either added to or strengthened. We now have one extra frame, 30" between current frame D&E with current frame D moving forward 4". The console is about the same place as the steering station is on the C17. I tried to balance the weight of the cabin with the weight of the CC in placing the console, seating, forward storage/fishwell. Everything at this time it works well, whether it will with a T-top is to be determined.

Well I haven't shown any pictures of my set up of cutting out the frames or panels for C so I thought I would today. Instead the batteries for the camera went totally dead.

So I'll tell you a little about it I have a 4x7 cabinet building bench which I have put a 1/2" 4x8 peice of styrofoam on this allows me to cut with out cutting on my bench. If you will notice that is 2x2 wood that has warped in my normal 80% humidity and I really need to rebuil the bench. As well I have put a peice of the same foam on my table saw/router taple which has an extended table. This allows me to lay out two sheets at once say maybe 30 minutes. I use a drywall square, mark the base line at 8", then draw it across the wood. Next drop down the distant required for the point and distance for the chine. Add the baseline to the height above it for the gunnel and draw it and use my 3" wide guide to mark the line to cut for the potential camber.

It is very important that you always measure from one long edge!

Tom

Re: Tom's C17ccx "CARONDELET'

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:45 pm
by michaelwpayton
Wow.. sounds interesting Tom, looking forward to watching.

-Mike

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:43 pm
by Fonda@kauai
I've been looking forward to seeing this thread get started 8) Go get em Tom, it's gonna be sweet :D

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:08 pm
by Bowmovement
Sounds interesteing Tom. I looked at the C17 as a CC aslo. I look forward to following your build.

Congrats on getting started :D

Matt

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:14 am
by Spokaloo
Look who crawled out of his computer and finally started building a stinking boat!

Congrats, now you have 6 months to be completely finished with a show-quality mirror finish or we are all going to scrutinize you.

E

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:52 am
by TomW
:lol: Eric I have at least 8 months till I have to have her down in Boca. Should be no problem as long as the propane and electic holds up. :wink:

Tom

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:00 am
by chicagoross
Go Tom! We've all been waiting a long time for this thread to start! :D No doubt this is going to be a special boat!

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:36 am
by Bowmovement
TomW wrote::lol: Eric I have at least 8 months till I have to have her down in Boca. Should be no problem as long as the propane and electic holds up. :wink:

Tom

Give her hell Tom :D

Matt

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:36 pm
by mecreature
I'm watching...

I'm pulling for ya Tom..

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:03 pm
by peter-curacao
Spokaloo wrote:Look who crawled out of his computer and finally started building a stinking boat!
ImageThis made me fell laughing out of my chair, thanks for thatImage

Good luck Tom

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:49 pm
by TomW
Well here is the pics the first is of the C17 and the extended side. I left my saw guides/straight edges which just happen to be 3" wide to show what the difference is.Image These 3 tools and a carpenters square is all I uses to lay out all the Frames.

Second pic is of the workshop and the layout of the two sheets at once layout. Once the Frames are done I'll lay out some 2x8's and go the other way to cut the long panels. Image

And the last pic is of the 100 yr old walnut that I have to play with in some way or another to decorate this boat. I probably won't use a lot as it's not a good boat wood but it will definately be used.Image

Tom

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:02 pm
by Murry
That sounds like a well thought out boat Tom.

Good Luck with her,
Daniel

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:08 pm
by peter-curacao
:doh: I only see one pic, question Tom how many boats did you build when this one is finished ?
Edit oeps now i see three pics :oops:

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:17 pm
by TomW
Peter I first floated the C17ccx in April 2008, I have been building and rebuilding her ever since. :lol: I know exactly what I want and how I am going to do it. That is just the way I am, I'm sort of Bipolar so have to do things in my own time also. Razz me all you want but I'll finish mine before you finish yours! :P

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:22 pm
by peter-curacao
TomW wrote:Peter I first floated the C17ccx in April 2008, I have been building and rebuilding her ever since. :lol: I know exactly what I want and how I am going to do it. That is just the way I am, I'm sort of Bipolar so have to do things in my own time also. Razz me all you want but I'll finish mine before you finish yours! :P
Tom I didn't razz you, if it felt that way I'm sorry, it was just an honest question because I thought you were in boatbuilding for many years

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:49 pm
by BassMunn
Way to go Tom, glad to see those first cuts starting to take place. I think we are all pretty excited to see your build :wink:

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:35 pm
by TomW
Peter no harm done and don't feel bad I have been around the boat building and repair buisness a long time. Have helped a lot of people repair and reconstruct there boats. This is my first boat of my own from scratch and I want it right. This has to be a multi-use boat that I can use in not only on my local lake that is 30-40 miles long, but the Mississippi River, Lake Michigan and offshore North Carolina on good days.

Tom

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:40 pm
by topwater
Way to go tom.....i know you have been building this one in your head for some time.
Now that you have every thing straight it should go much faster "alot less pondering time "

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:43 pm
by peter-curacao
TomW wrote:Peter no harm done and don't feel bad I have been around the boat building and repair buisness a long time. Have helped a lot of people repair and reconstruct there boats. This is my first boat of my own from scratch and I want it right. This has to be a multi-use boat that I can use in not only on my local lake that is 30-40 miles long, but the Mississippi River, Lake Michigan and offshore North Carolina on good days.

Tom
Oke again good luck with your build, looking forward to see the progress.
TomW wrote:I have been around the boat building and repair buisness a long time. Have helped a lot of people repair and reconstruct there boats.
That's what I thought and saw, that's also why I tought you build a lot of boats, sorry for this misunderstanding.

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:24 am
by TomW
TopWater I am done doing any pondering everything is in it's place and the build will go as fast as I can make it go. I have the router bits on hand for the hatches just need to get the weather stripping and latches and hinges once I flip her. I think everyting I need is listed on my favorites page for the boat. All I need to do is order it as the time comes to do so.

Tom

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:41 am
by tech_support
good to see you getting started on her Tom :)

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:48 am
by Cracker Larry
Peter I first floated the C17ccx in April 2008,
I'm so confused :doh:

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:48 pm
by ks8
Capeman loaned him *the hatch*... so he could get her splashed before he started... it can really mess with your mind if you are not used to that sort of thing... 8)

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:31 pm
by Bowmovement
Cracker Larry wrote:
Peter I first floated the C17ccx in April 2008,
I'm so confused :doh:
Me too. I think it may mean that he finally decided that the C17ccx is what he would build. And after ALOT of pondering he is getting started. Maybe

Glad to see ya started Tom. Hopefully I want be too far behind you.

Matt

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:23 pm
by BassMunn
topwater wrote:Way to go tom.....i know you have been building this one in your head for some time.
Now that you have every thing straight it should go much faster "alot less pondering time "
I definately agree with Topwater, my build was flying while I was following plans, then I got to the top deck and started the customizing part and someone threw the anchor overboard when I wasn't watching. I think if you added it up I have spent atleast 3 months just looking, measuring, thinking , planning , drawing and pondering what and how to do something that I didn't have plans for.

Tom seems to have done all this planning way before time, so should be much quicker.
Tom tell us when to start the stopwatch :lol:

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:53 pm
by TomW
It has started, tick-tock. :lol:

Tom

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:06 pm
by cape man
Capeman loaned him *the hatch*... so he could get her splashed before he started... it can really mess with your mind if you are not used to that sort of thing...
Opening the hatch now...

Here's a picture of Tom's boat...

...oh wait, that's the picture from the boat plans page... :D :D :D :D

Tom if you are planning on bringing her down for the meet next spring you better stop typing and get building!!!! I too once had some pretty strong confidence in my ability to crank a boat out quickly.

You will of course do a fantastic job, and certainly know what you need to do. I will be cheering you on the whole way. Plenty of sweet places on that design to use the walnut, and when sealed properly just about any wood is boat wood.

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:41 pm
by ks8
Cape man... everytime you open that hatch, the GPS satelites need to be resync'ed. I checked my GPS today, and it had me about 21,000 miles over New Zealand, in orbit. It must have been just as you opened it, and before an update. Give us some warning when you're using that thing... :x

While I was there, I did see (don't exactly know how) your boat completed Tom . Would you like to know what color you had... er... will paint her? Of course, if I tell you know, it may change your mind, so maybe I shouldn't tell.... :roll:

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:10 pm
by TomW
Funny you should mention paints KS, just got a new brochure from Alexseal a German company that are sold by Hamilton Marine. Same system as Sterling paint, catalyst and reducer. Have some gorgeous colors and are priced better. Info I am getting indicates hardness and gloss is better than Sterling. I know what colors I want and Sterling didn't have them was going with Perfection. Now I don't know till I do some checking

Tom

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:10 am
by ks8
Well, I think it is *causally* safe to at least tell you that she is going to look great. 8)

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:30 am
by molaine
Hey Tom,

just noticed this thread now. Can't wait to see her coming together with all the customizing. Wish you speedy building!

markus

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:22 am
by mecreature
You better keep that building area clean Tom. :)

I have got different "special" pieces of wood that I have been waiting for a special place to use them. Great idea

This is going to be a fun thread to check into from time to time.

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:06 pm
by Spokaloo
Yup, Ive got a 20 foot long clear 1x5 of honduran up in the rafters waiting for the right day.....

E

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 am
by Doc_Dyer
well today is Thursday,

any progress on the boat?

Pics please

Bradley

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:07 am
by PJPiercey
Any pic's of the frames mounted to the strongback?

Paul

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:45 pm
by TomW
Paul still trying to get the Mirror out of the building space for C. I'll get some more cutting pictures up with some tricks by the weekend. I've had a couple of interesting non-boat building days here. One I about blew up my big DR brush mower and me when it caught fire and burned a hole in the fuel line. :help:

Tom

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:28 pm
by ks8
I've been jumping around the board lately and must have missed it.... (?) .... Now that the fire is out, I feel more free to ask... are there any pictures of the Mirror re-launch? :D

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 pm
by TomW
Not yet KS Deb's been working so much can't get her to pick a paint color for the inside. Thought I had her caught but she changed her mind. I need to find the time now to go the 100+ miles to Asheville and pick up a trailer at Northern Tools.

Tom

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:12 pm
by peter-curacao
Tom like this you ain't gonna be finished before me like you said, .........
Yes now I'm razzing you :P

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:01 am
by cape man
Report! Report! We want pics!

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:45 pm
by Bowmovement
cape man wrote:Report! Report! We want pics!
^^^What He Said^^^

BTW, how do you pronounce the name "Carondelet"?

Matt

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:00 pm
by TomW
Ca soft caw without the w, ron, de deh without the h, let lay. Camera's not working right so have no pics :( Will try to get new one after vacation in 3 weeks. I think i may have pics of cutting out transom and will put them up tommorow or Weds. that was last I uploaded to computer.

Tom

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:03 pm
by Bowmovement
TomW wrote:Ca soft caw without the w, ron, de deh without the h, let lay.

Tom

Thats what I was thinking, but I had to be sure. Everytime I saw the name I would say it a few different ways in my head and it was starting to drive me crazy :help:

Matt

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:54 pm
by cape man
I think i may have pics of cutting out transom
Forget the pictures! What are you doing? How far are you along? We can't have another KS8. I'm not hanging around here for another 7 years! Report! Report!

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:10 am
by TomW
Craig it won't even take as long as yours! :P

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:34 am
by cape man
Craig it won't even take as long as yours!
This quote I will remember!!!
Cut the bottom and sole out today, then laid them out to get my first feel for the size of the deck.
My post from March 22, 2008... Ready...GO!

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:47 am
by peter-curacao
cape man wrote:
Craig it won't even take as long as yours!
This quote I will remember!!!
Put this one with it :P
TomW wrote:Peter I'll finish mine before you finish yours! :P

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:55 am
by topwater
Tom looks like your going to have to do a stealth build and post pic's when your done.....
What am i saying......i need a BBv fix quick :!:

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:42 am
by TomW
Craig I think that was March 22, 2009 I didn't even have the plywood on March 22, 2008. I may have been wishful thinking :oops: :doh:

Tom

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:07 pm
by cape man
Tom that was my post. I started March 2008...now it is September 2009, and I am very very very close...so again I say...Ready...GO!! We are going to be merciless on "The Well of Knowledge". You better start building! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:16 pm
by peter-curacao
cape man wrote:Tom that was my post. I started March 2008...now it is September 2009, and I am very very very close...so again I say...Ready...GO!! We are going to be merciless on "The Well of Knowledge". You better start building! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Since when is this a race? oke oke he called it over him self ! I'm sure he meant well/good 8)

Ooo yeah I started Sun Jun 08, 2008 :P

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:00 pm
by TomW
Nope this is not a race and I'll finish when I finish. I hope it will be by May 1 but I'm not going to stress myself to do so. Can't wait to see your CS25 in the water Peter she is going to be a beauty.

Tom

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:42 pm
by peter-curacao
TomW wrote:Nope this is not a race and I'll finish when I finish. I hope it will be by May 1 but I'm not going to stress myself to do so. Tom
That's a good point! NO RUSH ! don't pick a date to finish! as long as you know the guys here are completely behind you with all kind of support and excitement about your build , and yes! once a while with a tease! I'm sure a big guy like you can handle that with ease! 8)

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:07 am
by chicagoross
NO RUSH... could make a good boat name! We've seen NO EXCUSE... or maybe KS8 should have it... :D

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:17 am
by Cracker Larry
Only if they're a liberal :wink:

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:02 am
by cape man
Tom, of course it isn't a race...just ribbing you. Just want to see your work. I have no launch date set even though I'm getting close. Made that mistake once before and now have a whole different psyche about the project. NO RUSH...not a liberal but like it.

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:59 am
by TomW
Just keep the ribbin's coming. These big ol' shoulders can take it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:07 am
by TomW
See ya all in two week's.

Tom

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:59 am
by peter-curacao
Welcome back Tom, you were on vacation? 8)

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:42 am
by TomW
Thanks Peter yep gone for two weeks with Deb, she has to repleish her reserves a couple of times a year. So we go out to the cabin on the Mississippi and watch the river flow by and continue to remodel the cabin. Built more kitchen cabinets this time.

Tom

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:05 pm
by Murry
Sounds like a very nice and relaxing trip there Tom.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:38 pm
by peter-curacao
Murry wrote:Sounds like a very nice and relaxing trip there Tom.
Indeed I think I also could get used to that 8)

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:29 pm
by TomW
Yea the cabin sets on 15' concrete pilings so the Mississippi can flow under it when it floods. Will take the boat out there to fish and then Lake Michigan is only 4 hours away for some top notch salmon fishing so will do that also. We had a bald eagle and blue heron nesting near us this trip.

Tom

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:45 pm
by Bowmovement
Welcome back Tom

Matt

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:50 pm
by TomW
The camera went off to the shop on Thursday all my running around should be done now so I can start working on the boat again, still have a couple of panels to glue up. More importantly I got my first load of pretty's delivered while I was on vacation. Some very nice Perko stainless steel hatch latches, 8" stainless steel cleats and stainless steel hawse pipes. All Deb could way was WOW when she saw them and another one when I told her the price over retail. If anyone is looking for similar I got them at Great Lakes Skipper.

Tom

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:33 am
by macs
Looking forward to watching your build Tom. I appreciate all the help you and the others have given me over the past 10 months. I've made some mistakes, but would have made many more without your help. Can't wait to see some more pics.

Thanks again,

Macs :wink:

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:42 pm
by peter-curacao
Just curious Tom, any pic's or updates yet?

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:04 am
by ks8
Maybe he will at least give us a picture of his thinking chair. :P

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:53 pm
by peter-curacao
Spokaloo wrote:Look who crawled out of his computer and finally started building a stinking boat!
I looked Image everywhere couldn't find it! not even a stinky one Image Image

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:35 pm
by cape man
Peter, where do you get your emoticons? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom, you better start building! I can see there is no mercy here! 8O 8O 8O Seriously, where you at with this thing? You gotta build the prettiest boat we've seen.

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:20 am
by peter-curacao
cape man wrote:Peter, where do you get your emoticons? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php ... 04#p189110

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:26 pm
by Bowmovement
Tom, where you at on your build :?: Inquiring minds want to know :D

Matt

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:41 am
by Doc_Dyer
its been 3 months since your first post on this build..

did you get your camera fixed yet?

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:26 am
by Spokaloo
Camera, hell he hasn't even posted in his own thread about progress!

E

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:32 am
by mecreature
3 months..

thats a lot of beer.

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:41 pm
by peter-curacao
Spokaloo wrote:Camera, hell he hasn't even posted in his own thread about progress!

E
ImageMaybe there isn't? Image

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:15 pm
by TomW
I'm working on the bottom, camera's fixed only took a week, pictures will come as a surprise. :D Peter haven't seen any pictures of your boat in about 6 months either. :doh: :P

Tom

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:24 pm
by Cracker Larry
Come on Tom, bring us up to date. Peter just showed us his gas tank install :doh:

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:09 pm
by TomW
And very pretty gas tanks they were. :D But where's the rest of the boat. :lol: :lol: Just teasing you Peter I know you had to get those in first.

Larry pics will come when they come.

Tom

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:17 pm
by peter-curacao
TomW wrote:And very pretty gas tanks they were. :D But where's the rest of the boat. :lol: :lol: Just teasing you Peter I know you had to get those in first.
Yes Tom correct I had some trouble with those, this was for me a difficult part in the build first wrong holes then wrong tanks etc etc but I'm glad I'm past that (see update in my thread) this has to be right because once closed up I never be able to get there again without demolishing the sole Image

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:57 am
by Dog Fish
I wonder whats going on with this thread, for some reason I can't see any of the pictures. Hmmm :P

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:19 pm
by Spokaloo
I can't help it, every post that someone puts up about Tom's lack of photos and progress makes me laugh harder...

:help:

E

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:00 pm
by JohnC
Hey Tom,
Remind them of the story of the tortoise and the hare, we'll pass 'em all up when they're not looking! :lol:
John

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:59 pm
by chicagoross
:doh: Ask Tom for anything besides pictures, and he's happy to help! :D :D

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:42 am
by cape man
I'm working on the bottom, camera's fixed only took a week, pictures will come as a surprise.
Surprise us!

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:12 pm
by topwater
Its a stealth build :!: Won't be any pic's until its finnished :)

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:01 pm
by peter-curacao
Spokaloo wrote:I can't help it, every post that someone puts up about Tom's lack of photos and progress makes me laugh harder...E
Sorry can't see the humor in it! Image

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:00 pm
by Spokaloo
Peter, he has been in EVERY thread on the board recently, except his own.

The glaring lack of Tom in his own space when we all know he is on the forum daily makes me chuckle.

He's hiding something....

E

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:07 pm
by peter-curacao
Spokaloo wrote:Peter, he has been in EVERYDON'T BE SHYthread on the board recently, except his own.
that's what I meant, that's not funny that's rude! sorry my Europinion! Image

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:07 pm
by colonialc19
Spokaloo wrote:Peter, he has been in EVERY thread on the board recently, except his own.

The glaring lack of Tom in his own space when we all know he is on the forum daily makes me chuckle.

He's hiding something....

E
:lol: :lol: I agree :lol:

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:24 pm
by TomW
:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Happy Thanksgiving! May all arrive safe or have there family members arrive safe in there travels. Don't forget the needy!

Tom

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:26 am
by chicagoross
Happy Thanksgiving, Tom! We just finished our turkey here in Guam, "Where America starts its day", with family and a bunch of family adopted for the holiday! Best to you and yours! Glad you found your way back to this thread! :D

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:25 pm
by Spokaloo
Glad to see ya back Tom.

Turkey day photos? We would love to see a C hull taking shape.

E

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:49 am
by Doc_Dyer
how about a bump back to the top with some pictures :roll:

:doh: :doh:

TTT

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:35 pm
by PJPiercey
Bump
I would love to see pictures if you have any. :D

Tom
Before 2010 maybe :P

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:44 pm
by Spokaloo
I've lost all hope. I think he refuses to post.

E

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:05 pm
by ks8
There are power outages in his area from the storm that just went through. Of course, that doesn't explain the last few months... :P

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:57 am
by cape man
Tom,

Just post something...a picture of the plans on a table? We are all pulling for you (and maybe pushing a little :wink: :wink: )!

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:42 pm
by ks8
Even if it's something like this... but with a chip brush in your teeth as you give us an *aargh*...

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:01 pm
by PJPiercey
New post by TomW » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:04 pm
I found him hiding out, over at "Anything Else..."

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:27 pm
by frazoo
There is a name for girls that act like this :D .

frazoo

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:47 pm
by Spokaloo
Im going out on a limb here.

I am 100% certain that Tom won't post a photo of the boat before completion.

E

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:59 pm
by mecreature
Spokaloo wrote:Im going out on a limb here.

I am 100% certain that Tom won't post a photo of the boat before completion.

E

But what if he needs a little help.

Happy Holidays Tom..

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:34 pm
by Spokaloo
I vote we make this into some other sort of discussion thread. Let's use it to get the post count over 1000, biggest thread ever on the site, but with no pictures of Tom's boat!

E

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:59 pm
by TomW
:P :lol: :lol: :lol: Merry Christmas everyone. :!:

Tom

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 pm
by Joe H
I'd say we make a road trip to Tom's armed with Camera's! :lol:

Marry Christmas Tom.

Joe H

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:54 pm
by peter-curacao
Joe H wrote:I'd say we make a road trip to Tom's armed with Camera's! :lol:

Marry Christmas Tom.

Joe H
Here you are try to find Tom! one hint he's wearing a red head Image Image

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:11 pm
by TomW
That's a good picture of my boat Peter! :lol:

Tom

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:06 pm
by Jaap
Merry Christmas Tom and all the other boatbuilders and watchers.

Maybe Tom this is the quickest way to get floating

jaap

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:31 am
by TomW
Nice Jaap but my wife wouldn't be to happy! :lol: :lol: :lol: Merry Christmas to you also.

Tom

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:37 pm
by SmokyMountain
I'd say we make a road trip to Tom's armed with Camera's!

I live about an hour a way from him and I own a camera!!! 8O Merry Christmas everyone!!

Andrew

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:58 am
by Doc_Dyer
and I'll drive :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bradley

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:38 pm
by Cracker Larry
Do it guys, let's see what he's up to :lol:

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:42 am
by TomW
Uncle, uncle, I'll post some pictures. :lol: 8) Happy New Year to you and yours!!! :D

Tom

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 pm
by PJPiercey
Uncle, uncle, I'll post some pictures. :lol: 8) Happy New Year to you and yours!!! :D
When :?: :doh: 8O :roll:

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:10 pm
by Cracker Larry
Tom, do we remind you of something like this :?:

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:26 pm
by cape man
Or this...

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:38 pm
by TomW
:lol: :lol: It won't be this week we have a some parties and I some bbq'n to do and Deb's birthday with a big ol' prime rib roast, but I promise right after the 1st of the Year. :wink:

Tom

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:20 pm
by peter-curacao
TomW wrote: but I promise right after the 1st of the Year. :wink:

Tom
The year Easter an Christmas is on the same day /date Image

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:29 pm
by PJPiercey
Tom,
Post by TomW » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:38 pm
:lol: :lol: It won't be this week we have a some parties and I some bbq'n to do and Deb's birthday with a big ol' prime rib roast, but I promise right after the 1st of the Year. :wink:
Post by TomW » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:56 am
Standard caulking tube for standard caulking gun. 15 oz? Don't know for sure. Haven't used mine yet.
Tom
Does this mean there won't be any fillets in the picture :?: :P :P :P

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:43 pm
by peter-curacao
cape man wrote:Or this...

Beatifull bird a pity I saw so-many dead ones on my trip at the sides of the interstates :cry:

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:54 pm
by Bluefish2
The birds flying in the pictures looked like turkey vultures or crows.

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:52 pm
by Cracker Larry
The birds flying in the pictures looked like turkey vultures or crows.
Nope, those are Black Vultures (Coragyps atratus) The white on their wing tips makes it easy to tell them from from the turkey vultures, also called John Crows or Carrion Crows down south. In Cracker talk, we just call them Buzzards. They circle like sharks when they smell blood :lol:

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:30 pm
by peter-curacao
Bloody highways!! Image

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:05 am
by TomW
Black vultures are more common here in the south, while turkey or red headed vultures are more common in the north. There is a town in Ohio, Hinckley that has a Vulture day that celebrates the return of the Turkey vultures each spring. Who knows? :doh:

Tom

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:27 am
by chicagoross
We're just hoping that there's a town in North Carolina where every year they celebrate the posting of boat building pictures... :D

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:25 am
by Bowmovement
chicagoross wrote:We're just hoping that there's a town in North Carolina where every year they celebrate the posting of boat building pictures... :D
Will this work?
http://www.beaufortbythesea300.org/

Not really pictures, but it has a demonstration....

Matt

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:38 pm
by BassMunn
OK Tom it's the 1st of the year, well it is already in my part of the world :D
We want Photo's or we're all gonna sulk :(

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:47 pm
by peter-curacao
BassMunn wrote:OK Tom it's the 1st of the year, well it is already in my part of the world :D
We want Photo's or we're all gonna sulk :(
He didn't mention a year!!!

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:55 pm
by TomW
OK I HAVE HAD IT NO PITURES TILL I WANT TO. I HAVE ALWAYS PLANNED TO DO THIS IN A BOOK FORMAT AND WILL NOW STICK TO THAT. THE FIRST PICTURES WILL BE UP TO THE FLIP THEN THE INSIDE.

There I hope that satisfies you guys, enough is enough. :lol: :lol: :D I have other things going on and do not always work on the boat and cannot always work on the boat. You'll get your frigging pictures but when I say, not when you force me to do so. :lol: I'm still hoping to finish by May 1 so we can take it to FL and I can drink the bottle of Knob Creek Bourbon that I have for Larry instead of him. It is one fine Bourbon. :D

Happy New Year and god bless.

Tom

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:47 pm
by PJPiercey
How about a picture of a pile of materials.

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:03 am
by TomW
Paul go back to page 2 or 3 for the first cuts

Tom

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:04 am
by peter-curacao
TomW wrote:OK I HAVE HAD IT NO PITURES TILL I WANT TO. I HAVE ALWAYS PLANNED TO DO THIS IN A BOOK FORMAT AND WILL NOW STICK TO THAT. THE FIRST PICTURES WILL BE UP TO THE FLIP THEN THE INSIDE.
Okay okay no pictures! maybe you can make some drawings? only in gray scale that will do it !
paint it on post it's, stick them together again and there you have your BOOK FORMAT! Image than rub your thumb over it and there you have your FLIPBOOK Image

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:11 am
by TomW
:lol: :lol: Happy New Year Peter

Tom

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:18 am
by peter-curacao
TomW wrote::lol: :lol: Happy New Year Peter

Tom
Same for you Tom !

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:29 pm
by PJPiercey
TomW wrote:Paul go back to page 2 or 3 for the first cuts
Tom

Sorry tom, it's been so long, I forgot :oops:

Happy New Year!

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:52 pm
by Spokaloo
Wow, Tom tips over...

That is like a crown jewel of a campaign in a fire station to harass someone when they tip like that. This is the best time to redouble efforts! We must press on! The drive to pics must not cease!

:lol:

E

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:17 am
by TomW
Sorry Eric I mean it, one guy spoiled it for all. I may put up some early pics but I'll do it on my terms and not you guys. :D :D

Tom

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:38 am
by ks8
Forget about how high that dopey bar has been raised. :lol: We just want to *see* you building a boat, even if it takes awhile to finish and launch... :wink: :oops: And maybe get the Mirror launched before then as well? :) To make it all believable, you need to be in a few of those pictures... of course...holding the daily newspaper front page, clearly showing the date. :)

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:54 pm
by peter-curacao
TomW wrote:Sorry Eric I mean it, one guy spoiled it for all.
Tom
??? where/when did that happen??? :doh:

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:08 pm
by PJPiercey
Maybe we could start out with just a little peak-a-boo of the Mirror Dingy :?: 8) . This would help get over the stage fright and lessen the anxiety of posting the big one :idea: .

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:55 pm
by wegcagle
I say post pics when you're good and dang well ready to post them :D I personally like all of the drama, and can't wait to see her in her full glory. In my mind she's built clean, sharp, with a cool ice blue upper panel paint and jet black graphite bottom paint. I figure the topsides are full of beautifully finished mahogany with a slightly darker stain maybe intermixed with a few strategically located strips of a lighter almost white pine or maple type wood. She's been sanded, buffed, and made to shine in her full glory with the best polyurethane money can buy 8) Top it all off with stainless steel accent pieces, sitting on her new galvanized trailer with her chest poked out and a bright new Yammi hanging off the back. (I think I just drooled a little on the keyboard :lol: )

Post when you're ready Tom, I'll still be here waiting anxiously. Just know that she better be PERFECT :lol: everyday my standards are being forced higher and higher around here.

Will

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:39 pm
by TomW
I haven't even been out to the garage for two weeks. The winter cold has settled in and temps are in the 20's and teen's and single digits at night. I can work at our normal temps of high 30's to mid 40's with the heaters I have but not when it's this cold. So hold your pants on and someday I'll post some pictures when I'm good and ready.

Tom

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:20 pm
by Spokaloo
As the side of Larry's boat says: "NO EXCUSES"

Ive been out in the uninsulated, gap filled, snow covered shop when it was 10 degrees out and I could only muster 30 in the shop. The snow that came off my shoes stayed frozen on the floor. Work still happened.

You can do it Tom! Get out there!

E

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:35 pm
by BassMunn
No No No Will - It will be a nice shiny Black Suzuki 4 stroke - everything else sounds about right :lol:

At those temps I would also be inside trying to hug the biggest burning log I could find 8O
I'm battling with the weather here too - I mean it's 1am and it's like 75F in my house....... :lol: :lol: Gotta love sub tropical climates :D

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 pm
by chicagoross
10 AM and it's only warmed up to 76 degrees...This cold snap is even hitting Guam!

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:31 pm
by TomW
Actually it will probably end up being a nice white 75hp ETEC. :lol: :lol: Your both wrong.

Tom

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:45 pm
by wegcagle
Actually it will probably end up being a nice white 75hp ETEC.
Sounds good to me, I've been drooling over one on craigslist ALOT lately. Just don't think I can come off $4500, with my big move coming up :( I really like the new flex fuel outboard that got released last year. Gotta make you feel a little warm and fuzzy inside knowing that if you run out of gas you can always donated a little of grandpa's cough syrup :lol: :lol: Keep warm Tom. Weather be damned, I'm going to be battling tooth and nail this weekend. (It's my only full weekend off for 2 months :help: )

Will

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:44 am
by peter-curacao
chicagoross wrote:10 AM and it's only warmed up to 76 degrees...This cold snap is even hitting Guam!
I hear you Ross this is how I found Curaçao, first morning back, what happened with the always sunny blue sky's?

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:10 pm
by chicagoross
Hey, I have that same coconut tree in my backyard!

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:18 pm
by peter-curacao
chicagoross wrote:Hey, I have that same coconut tree in my backyard!
How's that possible? Image Image

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:12 am
by ks8
Ask capeman... 8)

and don't trust your compass reading near it... :?

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:27 pm
by PJPiercey
Are we getting close to seeing a picture :?: :P

In 2002 I started building boats from this site and using this forum. When Tom started on this forum in 2007 I was shocked at how quickly he became an expert. However, I think this must be a record for participation on the forum without posting pictures documenting a build. This forum is "quid pro quoe". Time to contribute.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:46 pm
by TomW
Let it go Paul! Sorry you can't or don't want to understand propeller theory. It has worked for several people on this forum.

Tom

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:52 pm
by PJPiercey
TomW wrote:Let it go Paul! Sorry you can't or don't want to understand propeller theory. It has worked for several people on this forum.

Tom
:doh: Tom, Your an amazing person to know what other people understand. :doh: Hmm, interesting. :roll: I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

It really, really, is time to see some pictures of your work. This will help me, and others, understand your knowledge of the theories used on this forum. If you wait till Carondelete is built, how will we ever know what's under that perfectly flawless paint job? I would also like to be able to return the favor of helping guide your build as you have done for so many others on this forum.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:17 pm
by Spokaloo
Oh you two....

E

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:09 pm
by PJPiercey
Spokaloo wrote:Oh you two....

E
Sick, isn't it :oops: :roll:

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:15 pm
by peter-curacao
PJPiercey wrote:
Spokaloo wrote:Oh you two....

E
Sick, isn't it :oops: :roll:
I guess it all dependence on the right prop the right gear ratio the best fuel consumption! if you have that, you have smooth ride Image what wouldn't make you sick Image

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:17 am
by longrod
I havnt been on the forum long but ive always noticed this thread being at the top for some reason and had no idea why.I just sat here for about 45 min reading each post and i now understand why this is at the top all the time.Everything seemed normal up until the 2nd page and then........uh. Im gonna keep an eye on this one.I cant believe i just read all that .

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 am
by Spokaloo
It would follow the normal course if photos got tossed on it...

E

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:49 pm
by Doc_Dyer

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:13 pm
by peter-curacao
Pass the chips Doc Image

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:44 pm
by ks8
I'm leaving you plenty of room Tom. I understand you might want to present a clean pictorial tutorial once all is complete. :)

Might I ask the favor of you letting us know at what stage you are in the build, even if we don't get pictures till she is done? :)

Just because you are a wood worker, I'm not going to expect you to build a 100% error and fix free stunning beauty, but would rather rejoice with you in getting her built and launched before your bones fuse together or fall apart. :wink:

Take your time, but give us a hint now and then how she is shaping up. I live an hour and a half away and may threaten to sneak up and take a picture or two as proof. So paint those windows black.... :P

Enjoy the build! :)

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:13 pm
by Doc_Dyer
ks8 wrote: I live an hour and a half away and may threaten to sneak up and take a picture or two as proof. So paint those windows black.... :P

ahhh anyone know the exact address?????

I feel like a road trip

with camera

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:23 pm
by peter-curacao
Doc_Dyer wrote:
ks8 wrote: I live an hour and a half away and may threaten to sneak up and take a picture or two as proof. So paint those windows black.... :P

ahhh anyone know the exact address?????

I feel like a road trip

with camera
I missed my chance! Image If I understood correctly I was very close my last vacation!

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:51 pm
by TomW
Knock it off I'm 58 years old and was diagnosed with Bi-polar disease a 7 years ago, fully controlled with my medication. I hate posting photos to this system so will do it when I feel like it. You guys are not going to force me to do anything I don't want to do. I do things in my own way always have and always will. I have a nice Remington 1100 automatic for trespassers :lol: and an over/under with deer slugs in it. :P I just want to get the damn boat built and go fishing. :!: :D

Tom

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:09 pm
by peter-curacao
TomW wrote: I have a nice Remington 1100 automatic for trespassers :lol: and an over/under with deer slugs in it. :P
Cool 8) can we see it ? Image

Image Image Image

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:10 pm
by wegcagle
Knock it off I'm 58 years old and was diagnosed with Bi-polar disease a 7 years ago, fully controlled with my medication.
NO WONDER you are always posting around 2-3am :lol: :lol: :lol: I just alway thought you REALLY liked this website :lol: :lol:

Fight the good fight Tom. Post when you're good and dang ready. Anticipation is half the fun.

Will

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:31 pm
by Spokaloo
You could always post to Photobucket or another 3rd party service thats more to your liking.

Oh, and the part about the Remington consitutes 4th degree assault in most states, which is a misdemeanor offense...

E

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:49 pm
by TomW
Thanks Will.

Can't take a joke Eric! Jeez political correctness these days! I keep my guns(which are registered with the sheriff) at a freinds as we always go together and he has a locked gun case in his basement! He uses them more than I do. It's hard for me to get around in these mountains with my broken ankle with it's plate and 9 screws. The Remington is a great gun for Turkey shoots as they call them around here. Target shoots for prizes. Also small game.

Tom

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:52 pm
by Spokaloo
:roll:

That was a joke Tom...

E

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:39 pm
by TomW
Thought I'd made it pretty clear I was joking with a :lol: and a :P

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:49 pm
by ks8
Eric... I think he knew that... but he forgot the ... :P on that response.

... so did you... so :P to both of you!

:)

Tom, email me with your address... I really would like to take a peek one of these days, and see your shop. I'll leave the camera in the car... (or w-i-l-I I? ) Hey, I took seven years... two feet per year... I'm no one to push the clock... :)

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:54 pm
by Spokaloo
I need to not read and post things between calls at work......

:help:

E

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:05 pm
by TomW
Eric no harm no foul :lol: :lol: :P

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:39 pm
by Spokaloo
I need Peter's smiley face thing, one with a little ump uniform blowing a whistle for a foul.

E

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:00 pm
by peter-curacao
Spokaloo wrote:I need Peter's smiley face thing, one with a little ump uniform blowing a whistle for a foul.

E
there you go Image

Re: Tom's C17ccx "CARONDELET' "NO PICTURES"

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:05 pm
by TomW
Boy Peter even a red card, not even a yellow! :lol:

Re: Tom's C17ccx "CARONDELET' "NO PICTURES"

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 pm
by peter-curacao
TomW wrote:Boy Peter even a red card, not even a yellow! :lol:
okay okay then Image

Re: Tom's C17ccx "CARONDELET"

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:49 pm
by PJPiercey
Could we get a picture of the scuppers :?:

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:25 pm
by peter-curacao
PJPiercey wrote:Could we get a picture of the scuppers :?:
Something like this?
I know I know hijack but at least this way this thread stays active :P

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:30 pm
by Daddy
Peter, what is the round white object in the bottom left of the pic? Some kind of scupper?
Daddy

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:38 pm
by PJPiercey
peter-curacao wrote:Something like this?
I know it's a lot to ask, but I was hoping for a picture of the hole in the side or back of "Caronincomplete". I was wondering if he was going to put the hole well above the sole, as he mentioned E could do.
TomW wrote:Eric I think everyone is overthinking this thing.
Put scuppers 2x6or 8 out the stern a couple inches above the dwl after you float her and know where your waterline is.
Tom
I'm no yacht designer but something seems strange about putting a hole in the boat a couple of inches above a sole, that may be below sea level. Am I over thinking this thing :doh:

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:51 pm
by Doc_Dyer
PJPiercey wrote: "Caronincomplete".
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: now thats funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:14 pm
by TomW
Paul since you don't know where my sole is in relation to the DWL you have nothing to add to this conversation. You also don't know how much volumn I have added to the boat or anything else. You also can't read. Re-read my statement on where to place the scuppers, it says above the DWL once he knows where it is after floating her.

By the way NOBOATBRADLEY where are the pictures of the CS25 your supossed to be building?

Further more no one is going to until it's finished since this harassment won't stop.

Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:29 pm
by peter-curacao
TomW wrote:Paul since you don't know where my sole is in relation to the DWL you have nothing to add to this conversation. You also don't know how much volumn I have added to the boat or anything else. You also can't read. Re-read my statement on where to place the scuppers, it says above the DWL once he knows where it is after floating her.

By the way NOBOATBRADLEY where are the pictures of the CS25 your supossed to be building?

Further more no one is going to until it's finished since this harassment won't stop.

Jeeeezzzz everything okay there Tom?

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:32 pm
by chrisobee
Personally if I were subjected to the abuse that Tom has in this his own thread I'd pack up my epoxy soaked shirt and go home. A man ought not to harried in his own house. I think you folks are well over the line.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:35 pm
by peter-curacao
chrisobee wrote:
man ought not to harried in his own house.
Since when is this his house?

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:39 pm
by peter-curacao
chrisobee wrote: I'd pack up my epoxy soaked shirt and go home.
Okay ciao!!!! don't forget to pack your sock's

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:46 pm
by chrisobee
peter-curacao wrote:
chrisobee wrote:
man ought not to harried in his own house.
Since when is this his house?

Its his thread.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:48 pm
by TomW
No Peter my good natured normal self ain't very good natured and it's showing in some of my other posts unfortunately. I'm sorry if I have pissed off some people I consider freinds and hope we come out of this still freinds. One poster can go jump off his gill netter and not get back on. Since he thinks he knows all about me and what I know. He is not welcome on this site, as well as the guy who can't build a boat, I've had enough from those two. What the gil netter posted above just shows his ignorance and inability to hear anything I say.

Thank you for showing your scuppers here are mine and they come with 12 degree shims to hold them vertical. http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse. ... ,8104.html

And I'll be using two of these pumps: http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xcart/ ... 0_GPH.html

Tom

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:59 am
by Doc_Dyer
TomW wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: thats funny too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, I have not started a build thread or stated that I have started my cs-25 project
if I had then there would be pictues

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:02 am
by Doc_Dyer
TomW wrote: as well as the guy who can't build a boat, I've had enough from those two.
Would I be the guy who can't build a boat????????

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:04 am
by Cracker Larry
This is what we call the mid-winter cabin fever blues. Happens every year about this time, too much cold ,too much rain and snow, not enough sunlight, not enough vitamin D. Try supplements :lol:

Spring is coming, don't kick the dog :wink:

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:49 pm
by PJPiercey
TomW wrote:Paul since you don't know where my sole is in relation to the DWL you have nothing to add to this conversation. You also don't know how much volumn I have added to the boat or anything else.
If you would just show a few pictures, then we'd know. We could warn you of any potential problems, such as the scuppers being mounted too high. This just might be a serious problem that should be thoroughly discussed. :wink:
TomW wrote:You also can't read.
:doh: Why do you think I keep asking for pictures. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and could probably clear a few thing up.
TomW wrote:Re-read my statement on where to place the scuppers, it says above the DWL once he knows where it is after floating her.
:doh: So, for a dory, with the deck at or below the DWL, this would be a good idea :?: :doh: Am I reading this wrong again :doh:

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:50 pm
by Doc_Dyer
man I can not wait till this years build meet, you are going aren't you Tom? 8)

NOBOATBRADLEY

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:23 pm
by Dougster
Tom, thanks for posting those links for the scuppers. That's what I've had in mind, with the shims. Nice pumps too, I bookmarked both links.

Glad you're out there Dougster

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:28 pm
by Daddy
What he said,
Daddy

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:55 pm
by TomW
Yep Bradley, we'll have some fun and forget all this other bs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Tom

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:51 am
by Doc_Dyer

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:05 am
by cape man
That boat looks like it was a lot of fun! Nice decking.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:27 pm
by tech_support
since this builder's page has become a favorite pot to be stirred, I will lock it until the builder has something to report. best I can tell there only the first two pages that are worth saving. When there is something to update, please let me know and i will unlock the thread.