TW28 Stoere meid

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: TW28 Stoere meid

Post by vla »

tobolamr wrote:Allard,
Have you made any progress on the NMEA to On-Board Computer connections yet? I have nothing to contribute, but was curious if you had learned anything there yet.
Yes on a Dutch website a found an adaptor to connect the VHF, and PC to a GPS receiver. http://www.pcnautic.nl/GPS-RS232-naar-NMEA-Adapter.html . Pewrhaps you can translate with Google translate.
Could not find something in English.
I would like to use the European ENC charts. For the USA you can use http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/mcd/enc/
And I use the Open CPN software http://opencpn.org/ocpn/

Allard
TW28 Stoere meid, the best boat for long trips

vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vla »

Construction is nearing its end. Time to clean up the workshop. I'm not an organized builder, but I can always find my way in the clutter. I'm going to miss the mess after building two and a half years.

I have tear down the cradle. It looks strange. She has sit in it safe and sound. Now you can see her in her full glory.

Allard

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Fine looking boat!
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

vla wrote:Construction is nearing its end. Time to clean up the workshop. I'm not an organized builder, but I can always find my way in the clutter. I'm going to miss the mess after building two and a half years.
That's a very fine looking vessel Allard. You've done a journeyman's job on her sir! Congratulations

If you really 'miss the mess' you're more than welcome to come and hang out in my boat shed anytime! :lol:
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

beautiful :!: I like the red/black

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Beautiful for sure 8)
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vla »

I'm working to install the last little things. Lamps in and outside the boat. Batteries installed and tested. It works.
Next week they will deliver the windows. And then she is ready for launching. Of course there are always things that need to be different or better. I will definitely forget something and only discover that when she is in the water. As long as it is above the waterline it will be no problem.
The big moment where I worked for is coming! The plan is that she enters the water in the last week of July.

Allard

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

vla wrote:I'm working to install the last little things. Lamps in and outside the boat. Batteries installed and tested. It works.
Next week they will deliver the windows. And then she is ready for launching. Of course there are always things that need to be different or better. I will definitely forget something and only discover that when she is in the water. As long as it is above the waterline it will be no problem.
The big moment where I worked for is coming! The plan is that she enters the water in the last week of July.
We have a saying Allard; "The Devil is in the Details". I'm sure you'll find that out first hand! :wink:

I wish I could be there for your launch. Please have someone getting lots of pics or even video. :D
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vla »

Knottybuoyz wrote: We have a saying Allard; "The Devil is in the Details". I'm sure you'll find that out first hand! :wink:
I wish I could be there for your launch. Please have someone getting lots of pics or even video. :D
In the Netherlands we say: Het venijn zit hem in de staart.
Would be nice if you could be here. At the other hand, I would like to help you with the sssssss........ (sorry cannot get it out of my mouth).
Try to organise a video, no money left to buy one. Be sure their will be pictures :)

Allard

vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vla »

The ministry of decoration has done her job. She has the curtains and cushion covers sewn.

I love it, she has done a great job.

The pictures I have posted are probably the last of the boat in the workshop. The Launching is scheduled for July 24.
Yes, I'll take pictures if I do not forget it. I do not know how my mood is probably nervous and tense.
I have yet to find someone with a video camera. So I can upload a video.

Allard