TW28 Stoere meid

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: TW28 Stoere meid

Post by colinhart »

Looking so good I am really envious. Congratulation on getting a new King Cheers Colin

vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vla »

TheBroomside wrote:Dear Allard,

Fantastic progress. Hope to be present when you splash it.
Also Leuven is a nice aim for a shake down trip.

Peter
LUS
She is looking realy good. I'm very curious how she looks with the difinitieve colors. I'll a give a message when the splash will be. A trip with the Luka and the steore meid must be possible.

Allard
TW28 Stoere meid, the best boat for long trips

vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vla »

Today the Stoere meid got her first coats, Black for the hull and off white for the superstrucrure.
It looks great! The bullwark is going to be red.

I'm afraid to become a result junk. It is great to see the work of your hands.

Allard

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

vla wrote: I'm afraid to become a result junk. It is great to see the work of your hands.
I often sit and look at the results of my own handiwork. It's usually a mess though! :wink:

Looks great Allard. Can't wait to see it with the red bulwarks. Black & Red should look really good together. Keep posting the pics.
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vla »

The girl has her make up.

Allard

Corto Maltese
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Corto Maltese »

I would like to have such colors on the boat, but it is impossible under the Mediterranean sun. Black and red: is it only esthetics or political creed :D

vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vla »

A little update.

I finished the paint job. Three layers of paint around her. It looks nice. Not much change to the previous photo. Color scheme did not change. But painted also the hull below the waterline. Working on my back is not my thing :wink: .
Ordered the windows, they must be made ​​of gold! But when they are ready it will be very nice
The windows shall arrive early July. So I am planning the launch in the second half of July. I can not wait.

I'm assembling to an onboard computer. I want to use it for navigation, internet, movies and more. I bought an Asus E35M1 motherboard. It is fanless and have a low power consumption. Adding memory, HD, powersuply, some more little things and it should work. Try to find out how to distribute the NMEA data from the GPS antenna to the DSC-VHF and the PC. Any idea's?

Allard

vondel44
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by vondel44 »

Allard, I like the colors of your boat,but the designer of our former boat, Farrier, advised light colors to prevent loss of strenght in the sun. That was ofcourse with a light tri with only 600 gram in and outside,but still 9.40 m long. Any thoughts about temperature and loss of strength of the laminate, when heading to the south of Europe.
I hope you can convince me. Gr Simon

vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vla »

vondel44 wrote:Allard, I like the colors of your boat,but the designer of our former boat, Farrier, advised light colors to prevent loss of strenght in the sun. Any thoughts about temperature and loss of strength of the laminate, when heading to the south of Europe.
I hope you can convince me. Gr Simon
I think I cannot convince you Simon. But yes I've thought about it.
You are right, the black does take up a lot of heat comaired to a light color. But the laminate will not hotter than some 45 - 50 degrees C.
The loss of strength will start at 55 - 60 degree C. So there is a margin. My sail boat has a dark blue color (almost black) and it is never so hot that you cannot put your hand to the hull. So it will not be over 50 dergrees. The ply under the laminate will not accumulate heat as a steel hull.

Allard

tobolamr
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tobolamr »

Allard,
Have you made any progress on the NMEA to On-Board Computer connections yet? I have nothing to contribute, but was curious if you had learned anything there yet.