TW28 Stoere meid

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

TW28 Stoere meid

Post by vla »

The first real step has been made, the beginning of the build of the Stoere meid (= Tough girl)

It took some time, but just 5 minutes ago I orderd the plywood-kit for the TW28.
And now the great waiting has started, but also questions as:
-Will everything go well?
-When will the plywood arrive?

I will keep you informed

Allard
TW28 Stoere meid, the best boat for long trips

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: TW28 Stoere meid

Post by tech_support »

hello Allard,

I have sent you email regarding the kit.

Joel Shine

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Hi Allard

Congratulations on being another TW28 builder! Looking forward to seeing your project come together. Please post photos of your progress if you can.
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheBroomside »

Hallo Allard,

Good luck with the build.
I like the name, the TW28 is a 'Stoere Meid'. It is interesting that one needs a name first, before building a ship. We thought 'Luka' would be a temporay name, but it appears that it will be it.

Enjoy it.

Peter
LUS

vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vla »

Thank you guy's for the congratulations.

Joel Shine just sent me a mail that he will keep me informed about the progress. Well that's nice but he should not write emails, he should start cutting!
I have a good building place just at the other side of the street. Yesterday I was at the epoxy-shop and we have figured out what to use, the Amercan materials do not correspond with what is available in the Netherlands. For those who are not afraid of Dutch, this is the web-site: www.polyservice.nl So everything is prepared.

Yes Peter, it is funny that one gives the boat a name in such an early stage. I think at has something to do with emotions. It isn't a thing like a car. Yes there are people who give their car a name (Herby (in the movie) for instance). Just the TW28 is to abstract, there are more TW28's, but this one is going to be mine, so I want to indicate it more precise, its going to be a member of my club.

Oh, my hands itch (is that an English/American expression?)

Allard

sitandfish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by sitandfish »

vla wrote:Thank you guy's for the congratulations.

Joel Shine just sent me a mail that he will keep me informed about the progress. Well that's nice but he should not write emails, he should start cutting!
I have a good building place just at the other side of the street. Yesterday I was at the epoxy-shop and we have figured out what to use, the Amercan materials do not correspond with what is available in the Netherlands. For those who are not afraid of Dutch, this is the web-site: http://www.polyservice.nl So everything is prepared.

Yes Peter, it is funny that one gives the boat a name in such an early stage. I think at has something to do with emotions. It isn't a thing like a car. Yes there are people who give their car a name (Herby (in the movie) for instance). Just the TW28 is to abstract, there are more TW28's, but this one is going to be mine, so I want to indicate it more precise, its going to be a member of my club.

Allard
"Itchy fingers" means you are ready to do it. Ready to start or more specifically, ready to "pull the trigger". :wink:

vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vla »

sitandfish wrote:
vla wrote:

Allard
"Itchy fingers" means you are ready to do it. Ready to start or more specifically, ready to "pull the trigger". :wink:
Yes, that is what I mean! Thank you Sitandfish.

Allard

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

we are cutting today :) The machine cuts, someone else monitors the machine and loads the wood. :)

Prolece

Post by Prolece »

Hi Allard

TW28 is nice choice. Lot of fun! If it’s not late, visit http://www.bootsservice-behnke.de , who is less expensive epoxy hart supplier.

Regards.
Dragan.

PS
I have to say hallo to Peter LUS.

icelikkilinc
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by icelikkilinc »

Welcome aboard..

Try enjoy building her as it is a big and lots of boat to built..

I have printed out all the pictures of Macca, Peter, Yavuz and Cumhur's before I started my built.. It is always good to have them beside as sometimes you wonder around the plans and can't find a solution but a pic is worth a thousand words.
try to read some well documented threads. even though they may be small boats but the logic is the same and you can get some neat ideas.. I did that first hand...

Other than that, if you have questions, people here are helpful and someone will dive to help...

Good luck

Ilker
Ilker

TW28 launch: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23369