Hope2float's P-21 in Jackson

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Hope2float's P-21 in Jackson

Post by gstanfield »

Very nice cuts and amazingly straight, which I'm not too good at with a rotary tool such as a router. The home made jig for the table saw is neat too, always good ideas to be had. Thanks for sharing.

George
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Keep posting! I'm learning here!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

sitandfish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by sitandfish »

Hope2float wrote:...If you guys don't find this usefull I will delete it...
No one is going to ask you to delete anything. We will probably ask you the same question more that once, though. We forget. :wink:

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B »

Lookin good there. I'll be sure to follow this one. I thing everyone here likes to see different ideas on cutting and nesting. I think Jaques does a wonderful job in the nesting, but it depends on the builder also. Very nice cutting job.
Completed: FL14, OD18

Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Hope2float »

Hey George, the cut on the transom is ok and made with battery saw. Fine tune the cut with a belt sander and you have the template the router uses 1/2" collet size with a 1"x5/16 flush cut bit. It is the reverse of a pattern bit. The template is on the bottom instead of the top. You just need to know where it is and the router will follow the template exact. All you need to do is keep slight pressure against template piece. The boat pieces are usually two identical so therefore make one nice and proper and use the router to make an exact copy of the first piece. Its like half of a CNC machine. I think the saying goes measure once and cut as many as you want.
These are pics of clamping boards. Thank you for the encouragement I don't want to fill you guys up with yada yada yada or bull doo doo.

cape man

Post by cape man »

But we absolutely love yada yada yada and especially bull doo doo! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your work is great and can't wait to see you putting this girl together.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

gk108

Post by gk108 »

Heck, that's the format I try to use in my building threads. Yada, yada, random boat term, yada. Cut yada yada and glued it to yada. Yada sanding! Yada DWL yada scuppers yada PPI. Bull doo doo stumps, yada graphite. Painted yada this color and yada that color. SPLASH! :lol:
CC, D15, V10

topwater

Post by topwater »

Keep it comming , i for one dont know alot about woodworking tools and could use all the info
and tricks.
Novi 23 finally launched !

mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature »

yada yada and beer. I caught this thread at a good spot.

looking good keep pics coming.

Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Hope2float »

Thanks all, Jaques nesting is fine. In small shop like mine being able to use one sheet instead of two half sheets helps to keep it organized and compact. There was no additional wood savings just a change in when its cut. I was able to save some wood on the stringer rips by changing the pecking order a little. Wound up with all stringers cut out of three sheets saving some misc. pieces on various sheets. Had three rips leaving about 3/4" max left over.
Dave