Hope2float's P-21 in Jackson

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Hope2float's P-21 in Jackson

Post by Hope2float »

No photos tonight will post some soon. I completed joining the bottom and side panels. I also straightened the assembly table to prepare for the stringers. Will cut them tomorrow and try to get some pictures up.
Dave

sideslippa
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by sideslippa »

Nice splices Hope2float, I did exactly the same thing, with a power plane inside and out, helped a bit with fairing. Need all the help you can get with that hey!!

Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Hope2float »

Weather in northeast has been brutal. Mid 90s all week. Slow going, but have the first outside stringer complete and plan to glue up the other after it cools a little. I will glue it outside then bring it in garage which is air conditioned. The wood has been in the garage all day so it is pretty cool. Had the first stringer almost go nuclear very little time to set it. So I'm trying a new approach. Well anyway here are some photos. Hey slippa that is the truth about fairing any little bit helps.
Dave

Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Hope2float »

Some advancement over the last couple of days. With the help of my buddy Billy, AKA bonz, we were able to get both inside stringers glued up. One mixing the other spreading glue. Sprinkle Earl roared through on Friday for about 20 minutes. Then he blew out of Dodge. Today was a good day I got the stringers cut into shape and fine tuned. I turned the assembly table into the station molds. Painted them with exterior paint. Drew the base line on each. Not much to show pic wise but here goes.
stringers, side and bottom panels.
Brielle always helping with the painting. The most important creature in my life.

Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Hope2float »

Family BBQ today. Have to rap up early. Here is pic of mocked stations.

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Looking good :D Have you had any interest from neighbors yet? seeing a boat being built tends to draw people in around here. Usually they don't say anything, but they slow down really slow as they drive by :D
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Hope2float »

George the neighbors are waiting for this boat to appear. I know what you mean about the slow downs. They have all been asking what size and then reply wow are you serious. A couple have mulled over the plans. I know when the stiching of the hull is happening it will draw the neighborhood crowd. I plan to stich this weekend coming up if I receive the epoxy I ordered friday. Went through alot on the stringers. In case anybody wants to know how much. Outside stringers 6oz pretreat 2 batches of 12oz for glue Each one. Outside 9oz pretreat 2 batches of 15oz glue each one. Yielded about 1/16 glue joint throughout stringer.
Ok todays events went smooth I layed out and cut Frame C, motorwell sides and leg well sides from two sheets 3/8 ply. I have a pic of stations and the rest stored like index cards because of the small shop.
Dave
Felt like I wasn't getting enough done, but I had to remind myself it is not a race.

sideslippa
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by sideslippa »

Crikey! that's gunna be a big boat. Those stringers look gunbarrel straight...nice job. It is a nice time of the build I really enjoyed the job of cutting out the stringers, panels and frames. You are correct, don't rush it, enjoy it!

If you get bothered with too many friends and "helpers" :roll: Don't worry, the all vanish when you get the fairing board out. :D It doesn't seem to take long to get to that stage.

Slippa

bonz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by bonz »

You can count on me Dave,,,,,,,,,

To leave you alone at about that point... :lol: Does look great bro see you soon!!!!

mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature »

Great job. Looks like a lot of fun.