Project TW28

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Project TW28

Post by Fuzz »

It is strange how many places are having cold winters and yet here in Alaska I have had an unusually warm winter :doh:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:10 pm It is strange how many places are having cold winters and yet here in Alaska I have had an unusually warm winter :doh:
Which is why we keep blaming you.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Wow! I can't even imagine a build this big. Kudos to you.

Bogie

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Happy birthday Colin!

Build on. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart »

Cheers its bloody snowing here again but will try to put a couple of bilge pumps in today.

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Hallo Colin,
Happy birthday to you and lets hope it will stop snowing one of these days in England and also here in Austria. It is only half the fun building on ones boat while it is freezing like hell.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Colin, Happy Birthday!! I sure hope your weather gets better for you soon!! Jeff

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Happy Birthday!!!

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart »

Have been putting in some electric wiring, I am amazed how much wiring a boat needs used about 120 metres so far of varying thicknesses.

Local regs. state that wire has to be supported every 30-40 cm read somewhere that the wire can be glued to a surface so invested on a commercial glue gun and a spec of glue that sticks PVC to fibre glass it works like a dream.

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Nice work Colin. Are your wires colour coded etc? To meet the North American standards they are. What will you be carrying for batteries?

Carry on, we're watching!
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"