Project TW28

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Project TW28

Post by cape man »

Ibuprofen is my best friend these days...

Looking good brother! Keep building!!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart »

Finishing the headlining of the fore cabin not very clear in the picture, sorry about that. Now got to glue moulding on where sheets join.

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart »

Bought these boxes on Amazon uk they are made in Poland. For the price I couldn't make them, they have dovetailed joints and appear to finish well have stained them slightly as the were very whitewood. The dark one is a defiburator cabinet for the church. Rubbed down waiting for the 4th coat of bar lacquer to be brushed on. These will be used as lockers above the bunks for clothes etc.

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart »

Won't be building for a couple of weeks just had a chunk taken out of my back and a lymph gland taken out managed to get skin cancer but they think its probably all clear now. Thank God for the NHS didn't cost me a thing.
Will post soon on the next stage I want to get this baby finished.

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

colinhart wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:57 am Won't be building for a couple of weeks just had a chunk taken out of my back and a lymph gland taken out managed to get skin cancer but they think its probably all clear now. Thank God for the NHS didn't cost me a thing.
Will post soon on the next stage I want to get this baby finished.
Heal well Colin. One up for socialized medicine, you're not in debt for the rest of your life. We do pay for it but not directly. Cheers!
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart »

Cheers should be back up and building within a couple of weeks. Been looking at the solar/charger system and reckon the Victron IP22 20A ac charger with three outputs (in case of further expansion) and the Victron 115w panels with a MPPT 75 10 controller total cost approx. £300 The battery I am charging is a sealed 95Ah one.