Project TW28

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Project TW28

Post by colinhart »

Over here you just have to have red positive black neutral. Main cranking battery probally a 90ah auto battery, for the house set 4 6v traction batteries 2 each in series to give 12v then in parallel each are approx 150 ah so should give me about 300ah of battery, reason I am using these is the dimension give me more ah for the space available. Wiring up the galley today and lining out with plastic sheeting basically commercial kitchen walling you just stick it to the wall with high grab adhesive. Got to do the garden tomorrow under orders from her indoors as they say over here.

vla
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by vla »

Hello Colin,

It has been almost a year since you left a message. How are things in England? What about the construction of the TW28?
Do you perhaps already have an idea when you are going to cross the North Sea? Peter and I would like to be present on your arrival on the mainland. A TW28 meeting of three boats is quite a unique situation! Not shown before.

Allard
TW28 Stoere meid, the best boat for long trips

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Looks tedious. Best of luck.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Happy birthday Colin as I am color blind no color cables in my sailboat.
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Happy Birthday!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Happy birthday Colin!! Jeff

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart »

Cheers for the birthday wishes. Have been out of circulation for a bit. Dad died in the Autumn he did well he was 94 but I have had to sort out the estate, mainly done now. Under pressure to do some work on the house ( first time in 7 years) after that back onto the boat

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

colinhart wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:49 am Cheers for the birthday wishes. Have been out of circulation for a bit. Dad died in the Autumn he did well he was 94 but I have had to sort out the estate, mainly done now. Under pressure to do some work on the house ( first time in 7 years) after that back onto the boat
Condolences on the loss of your Father Colin. So sorry.

Rick & Lori
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart »

Thanks He had a good life and was still going out with his girlfriend who was a young 84. Hope to open up the boat tomorrow got a bit of an early heatwave could be 23/25 C tomorrow

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Happy birthday Colin. Hope you can progress her this pommie summer. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).