Mixing colors

sterling L.P. topcoats and primers
Uncle D
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Mixing colors

Post by Uncle D »

That may be close. I called and had to leave a message to the Sterling people, haven't heard back. Here is my previous boat and the color I painted it. It is a 2 part urethane that I sprayed. Not knowing what I doing, it came out orange peel, I think you call it. I like the idea of roll and tip better than trying my hand at spraying again. But just in case I did buy a HVLP painting system, pump, hose, gun and all.

TRC886
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TRC886 »

Uncle D wrote: Here is my previous boat and the color I painted it. It is a 2 part urethane that I sprayed. Not knowing what I doing, it came out orange peel, I think you call it.
It looks good from here :lol:

IMHO, if it turns out having an "orange peel" finish, you sprayed it too thick.

trc

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

A nice smooth orange peel is handy on the interior. Breaks up the glare and gives a little texture for grip. On the exterior, helps cut glare to the skipper who might be blinded heading straight for you... :lol:

Uncle D
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Uncle D »

I opted for Jay Grey Sterling and grey Kiwi Grip. Never could get a call back for a custom color. I still have a bunch to do before I get to that point but at least that's out of the way. :D

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Pictures when you got 'em. :D

Amadativa

a lot of good posts here

Post by Amadativa »

Lol, nice thread!