AD16 Karenina

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
AMC
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: AD16 Karenina

Post by AMC »

Stuff wrote:... I went over Bateau this afternoon and got 1 gallon of medium hardener. ...
Must be nice to be that close.

bondo
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by bondo »

Hi Stuff. I put swivel wheels on my cradle for the same reasons you did. I just wish I had one pair fixed so it is easier to control. I used a laser (bubble stick would be fine) to set the hull level in a specific location inside my shed. Then I could roll it all over different grades (the hull could twist) when I rolled it "home" it would sit level again. Be sure not to glue up the hull parts with the cradle in different locations unless you know your garage slab will allow it. Mark the centerline and other reference marks on the hull and cradle accordingly so you will be able to confirm the hull doesn't wander around on the cradle. I even had screws through the hull panels in the early stages to assure the hull stayed in the correct location on the cradle.

Stuff
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Stuff »

Thanks for the advice Bondo,
In the incoming weeks I am hoping to finish the basket. At this point I am concentrating on the lamination process. I Follow your advice and decided to buy some gel magic for lamination and putting togeteher the Transom, Ruder, Keel, centerboard and centerboard gabinet. I have not being able to post any pictures this week but hopefully this weekend I get a chance. I check my garage floor and I got lucky because the floor is relative level at any position. :D
Stuff

bondo
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by bondo »

I started like you but held off on the cradle. The workspace is most comfortable to build in when there isn't some big plywood boat in the way.

Stuff
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Stuff »

ImageHere is m fist attempt to built the basket
Stuff

Stuff
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Stuff »

Stuff

Stuff
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Stuff »

Cutting the Rudder. After gluing it my dad decided to make the profile. Next week I will post the pictures.Image
Stuff

Stuff
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Stuff »

Here is the centerboard. I need to make the profile before adding the lead. Image. All the Halloween decorations in the back. :lol: I need to organize the garage!!!
Stuff

Stuff
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Stuff »

Finished gluing the transom.Image So far everything is OK :)
Stuff

Stuff
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Stuff »

:cry: my first big mistake. I decided to laminate the mast painter but forgot that it need to be bended. I was able to bend it with some deep cycle batteries but it was not enough. I need to cut a few groves in order to get the desire curvature. Image Hopefully it can be fix!
Stuff