AD16 Karenina

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Noles309
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: AD16 Karenina

Post by Noles309 »

I was leaning toward one of those two colors as well and pass the bubbly. Hard to tell colors from the computer screen though.
Gary
GF-16 Completed

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot »

I am going to try using gator paint for the floor of the cockpit area I have been using PETIT epoxy paint but find it gets scratched up quickly in that location. It seams to hold up well on the rest of the boat. Food for thought

Stuff
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Stuff »

Das Boot

I have used a few DIY linners in my past trucks and I have to said I was not happy wiht most of them. Line-X is the top of the line but it has to be installed by their dealers. About Gator linner I was not to happy with the reviews. Most website said that is to rough and it only comes in black and white. I guess it will be ok for a truck bed but since you are going to be sitting and moving around the cockpit I will not recomend it. One last thing Gator linner is made out of epoxy therfore it will chalk after the exposure of sunlight. Just my two cents. Here is a website for monstalinner that describe all of the DIY bedlinners.

http://www.monstaliner.com/monstaliner_comparisons.htm

I know that it migth be bias but they were on point with 3 diffenent products that I have used prevously. (Duplicolor Truck Bed Coating , Durabak and stoleum Road Warrior Truck Bed Coating ). Also once you put any of this product in your boat it will be almost impossible to remove them.
Stuff

topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by topwater »

I agree , any liner with ground up rubber in it will be real coarse . I have monstaliner liner on my trucks rocker
panels for over a year now with no fading and with temp swings from a 100 degrees to neg 30 with no problems.
I have also used it in my storage areas in the bow of my build. Plan on using it in the seat boxes and also the decks.
Novi 23 finally launched !

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot »

Thanks for the advice so it is back to square one and just repaint more often. Still on paints I did my cockpit and deck areas with bright white on a bright sun day something we do not see often in Vancouver Ha Ha the glair is hard to deal with so this time I am going to do the cockpit area with a light sand colour it might help cut the glair. Again thanks for the in put I may be old but not to old to take advice. The AD16 has been a good boat and has not let me down last year was the first time I took it out into the salt water and it handled the trip to Vancouver Island and back no problem I usuley sail it in a lake near Vancouver.

bondo
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by bondo »

Wow! That looks great Stuff. You are really building this boat beautifully. There is a lot of surface areas in this little design isn't there? Your coating material will work out great. I love seeing the progress, keep it up.

Stuff
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Stuff »

Thanks Bondo

Here is what I have done so far. I was able to put the seats past week now iam getting things ready to start to fiberglass the cockpit.

still wondering if I should put seatbacks or leave it the way it is :doh:
Stuff

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Stuff wrote:still wondering if I should put seatbacks or leave it the way it is :doh:
Clean as it is looks nice 8) maybe you can rout in a channel in the seat what house a flip up back support? (stainless or aluminum pipe frame)

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc »

Steel wire with removable cushion on top...
imho, With the leaning angle, any back rest may cause water bailing issues..
Ilker

TW28 launch: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23369

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot »

I built a back rest into my boat the same as the fellow in SA did I find it a handy place to store junk and my beer dose not fall over the side it also helps on a cool day to keep the wind off my back but I do not think there are any two of these boats built exactly the same. That is why we build them so we can display our one ideas. I know mine works well for me.