Hurricane Sandy

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Hurricane Sandy

Post by Cracker Larry »

Hope everyone along the mid-atlantic is paying attention to this one. Get your generators tuned and your boat sheds tied down, this is a BAD storm :!:

Peter, I know that Hispaniola has a lot of damage, I sure hope your family in the DR is OK.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Uncle D
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Post by Uncle D »

never heard of a hurricane/nor'easter before. This one's gonna sting.

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Hope everyone along the mid-atlantic is paying attention to this one. Get your generators tuned and your boat sheds tied down, this is a BAD storm
How is the storm going to affect the Gulf? You guys going to be able to get out?
Hope everyone along the mid-atlantic is paying attention to this one
Dito.

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

How is the storm going to affect the Gulf? You guys going to be able to get out?
Way too rough, Joe. We bailed. See http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... 1140624998

That forecast is a lot better than our offshore report here though. Winds 85 kts, seas 20-30' 8O
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

I just seen that in another one of your post, better safe then sorry, there will be other weekends!

Stay safe my friend, stay safe.

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Cracker Larry wrote: Peter, I know that Hispaniola has a lot of damage, I sure hope your family in the DR is OK.
Everything is okay Larry thanks for asking, they chew storms like that for breakfast up there. :lol:

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

I have been having a lot of fun around my house with the name of this storm :lol:
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

majorgator
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by majorgator »

I have been having a lot of fun around my house with the name of this storm :lol:
Yep, its causing trouble indeed :wink:

Was planning on going to Savannah this weekend to see some of the wife's family, but a case of strep throat up there will keep us from making the trip (insert great enthusiasm on my part here).

Instead, it'll be a FL-GA football trip to Jacksonville...and it'll be really windy I hear :D

Will - if you read this...GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!
Saved by the Blood of Jesus!
See my XF20 Build Thread

fastlane
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by fastlane »

i hope this is a dud!!! I am in Howell, NJ. Just about 10 miles West of Belmar/manasquan on the ocean. It is looking like i'm at ground zero rite now for landfall. Thankfully The P-21 is back in my shop. i pulled it a few weeks ago to make some changes to the berth and seating arrangements so didn't have to worry about hauling here out!. We spent all day battening down the hatches. After Irene we were flooded and without power for a week. Not much more we can do now except wait. tomorrow i am going over to the brother in laws house to help him out. they had over 6 feet of water in the house after Irene and this is not looking good for him either.
And to top it all off we are scheduled to go to Disney on Wednesday for a 10 night vacation . We have been planning this trip for over a year now and the whole family is really nervous and upset with the very real chance we will have to cancel. I will just be glad to get through this and making it to Disney would just be a big bonus rite about now! We are really nervous about this one!!!!

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

fastlane wrote:i hope this is a dud!!! I am in Howell, NJ. Just about 10 miles West of Belmar/manasquan on the ocean. It is looking like i'm at ground zero rite now for landfall.
I sure hope the the experts are wrong and this storm weakens a bunch :? Good luck all you Lane and all who are in the path of Sandy, stay as safe as you can.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146