FS14 OZ

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
boat_AUS
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: FS14 OZ

Post by boat_AUS »

a bit more done, jig is done

bottom hull is on, edges bevelled and nice fit, ready to tac the seam together tomorrow morning
the transom is sitting about 10mm inside the hull panels, i cant move the hull panels any further forward because of the butt blocks joining the panels and the seat frame, not sure yet if i should trim the back of hull panels flush with the transom or if i should move the seat frames forward.

all in all though im happy with the fit and how it looks, might have to reshape the stringers at the bow end to fit but no biggie.
i will get the side hull panels on tomorrow and make sure everything looks good before things get permenately glued.

all my electronics have turned up for the steering and throttle, ive started programming the micro controller but it is still a work-in-progress considering i have to get the hardware working before i can start testing. looking at changing the gearing of the llinear actuator to moke the steering more responsive.

boat_AUS
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boat_AUS »

Hull is together, probably put too many stitches in, but everything came together nicely and with fair lines

spent today filling the stitch holes and making the joints smooth with the plane and epoxy.
tomorrow i will be finish of smoothing the hull and filling low points and holes in the joints. with the heat at the moment i should be able to give the whole hull a light sand in the evening read to precoat the hull with epoxy ready for fibreglassing.

AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by AtTheBrink »

Looking great!
Mike

"Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

TRC886
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TRC886 »

Looks real good :!:

Based on other pics, you've used just the right number of stiches :D

boat_AUS
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boat_AUS »

hi just an update.

seams glassed and sanded ready for glass

the outside of the hull is glassed

putting on the rub rail and will be fairing soon hopefully.
also got quote and advise on paint and might be going with dulux high build epoxy primer and dulux 2pack polyurethane topcote. if anybody has used dulux i would like to hear how you got on with it. it is a bt cheaper but apparently norglass paints are made by them... its meant to be good to brush.which is also a plus.

boat_AUS
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boat_AUS »

forgot to show where im upto with the electronics.
ive programmed the servos that control the gearbox and throttle which are awesome, and the LEDs just need calibrating to show the throttle position(not sure if i will use them yet because they dont glow through the touch sensitive potentiometer).
upto getting the gps and engine water temp guage(cylinder head temp would probably be better with the 2stroke) talking to the LCD screen.

AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by AtTheBrink »

Your boat is looking great. Glad it is coming along. You computer thingy looks... I don't have a clue what anyof that stuff is! Good luck with getting it all wired and stuff...! :D
Mike

"Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

Heloman78
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Heloman78 »

Looks great!

jorgepease
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster