Update Pics.- PH16 by CraigK

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
CraigK
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Update Pics.- PH16 by CraigK

Post by CraigK »

Website updated soon.

CraigK
http://www.zero-dark-thirty.com
Last edited by CraigK on Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

caryb
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by caryb »

Looking good Craig... not long now!

CaryB

Tree_Top_Flyer
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Tree_Top_Flyer »

WOW!!!!

BilltheCat
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by BilltheCat »

Very nice - clean and perfect taping - but you lose 5 pts for excess cleanliness :wink:

Dave
The secret is in the oooze!

Chalk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Chalk »

Nice, keep up the god work...Like the new site too... :mrgreen:

stickystuff
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by stickystuff »

As the prouf owner of "sport'N A woody" I give you a highfive on the construction. Very impressive. I hate to bust your bubble but here goes. It looks like to me the rigging tubes are less than 2" in diameter. I hope I am wrong on this. If they are smaller the rigging tube where you fish the steering cables and shift cables through won't make it. The inside diameter is tight even with a 2" pipe. You won't be able to push the ends through the sweeps. I hope this isn't the case. But now is the time to find out before you deck this sucker in. Other than that awsom job. Also you need to install some limber holes in the bottom center of your bulkheads. You definitely need some drain acces for the bottom of the inside of the hull for water to drain to the transom. Any fron livewell drains or piping for electric in the bow area of the hull should also be piped in at this time. You can use the blue flex conduit for this. The electricians usually call it smurf pipe. Just a few helpful hints before deck is installed. You do not need to install foam flotation in the center cavity of the hull. You want this clear for all water that may accumulate to drain to the stern. Great looking hull . Good luck.

Ken :D

CraigK
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

No need to worry, the pipe is 2".

Post by CraigK »

Ken,

First, thanks everyone for the complements. The conduit is 2" PVC sch. 40, by the way I'm an electrician and the blue pipe you mention is commonly referred to as smurf tube. As far as drains and limber holes go, I've decided to foam this area in completely. There will be a drain line running through this area to the bilge coming from the anchor locker and fuel storage area between A and B. I read a post of yours before about only installing foam on the outside stringers and considered it but I'm going in the opposite direction.

Craig Kersting
http://www.zero-dark-thirty.com

stickystuff

Post by stickystuff »

One of the reasons I didn't foam the center was that my fuel tank is in the center of my consol, recessed under the floor area. also my storage area in front of the consol is deeper for dry storage. I also am glad iI didn't foam it because that is where ols sMr. Stump came through the hull bottom. I have a 6" access port hole I use to drain my front livewell by turning a gate valve below the floor. I was able to epoxy the patch in place as well as glass it useing the access hole. Limber holes all the way through from front anchor lockeer area. With the two stringer sides full of foam this boat didn't even try to sink when it filled with water. I also have a 1500 gpm. bildge pump. No problems here. Keep up the good work.

Ken