OB17 Deadrise

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
BillyV12
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

OB17 Deadrise

Post by BillyV12 »

Jacques,<BR><BR>1. I don´t think this was ever answered on the old forums. What is the deadrise of the OB17?<BR><BR>2. If the OB17 plans were scaled up 10%, do the plywood thicknesses remain the same? Or will there be an OB18 or OB19 soon?<BR><BR>3. I know you don´t like to give dates on releases, but is the MG20 still near the top or almost done? Or have the other boats pushed this one further down the list? Curious to know if I should wait a few weeks to buy plans, or go a different route, if it will be much later.<BR><BR>"MG20 <BR>Author: Tech. Support (design)<BR>Date: 06-25-02 09:26<BR><BR>Let´s get in troubles again by giving dates. I shouldn´t do it but we have a schedule.<BR>break<BR>Next, we have a few boats in the pipeline - <BR>Let´s say 2 weeks for the OB17, one for the C12, that means the new MG20 should come out 2 months from now."<BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><font size=1>[ This message was edited by: BillyV12 on 26-08-2002 12:50 ]</font>

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

OB17 Deadrise

Post by jacquesmm »

Deadrise at transom = 7 degrees, entry angle at cutwater 35 degrees.<BR><!-- BBCode Start --><B>Beware!</B><!-- BBCode End --> do not judge a boat by its deadrise, there is much more to it.<BR>Two boats with the same deadrise may behave very differently, more deadrise is not necessarily better.<BR><BR>OK to scale in this case.<BR><BR>MG20: I don’t know, sorry.<BR>
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com