Marine plywood at discount prices.

Please see our tutorials and FAQ before posting.
SeanMTHarpooner
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by SeanMTHarpooner »

The 26 sheets to MT was for me. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw that shipping was only $175! That is WAY less than I thought it would be. I paid $75 to have the local specialty wood place ship me 2 sheets of 1/4" Okume (at $56 a pop) and that was from Oregon to their shop. I was clearly ripped off and will no longer be shopping there. I am still waiting for Edensaw, but I will gladly pay World Panel their price for this wood.

SeanMTHarpooner
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by SeanMTHarpooner »

And here´s the prices I got from Edensaw:<BR><BR>6mm bs1088 hydrotek (meranti) is currently $33.28 per sheet<BR><BR>12mm bs1088 hydrotek is currently $53.76 per sheet.<BR><BR>Freight is estimated to run $477.00<BR><BR>And for world panel:<BR>8 MER_6 (Meranti plywood to BS 1088 - 1/4" (6 mm) - 4x8´) at 39.70 each<BR>18 MER_12 (Meranti plywood to BS 1088 - 1/2" (12 mm) - 4x8´) at 74.00 each<BR>Freight: $170.20<BR><BR>So the total price comes out nearly the same for both places, but the shiping difference is huge! Interesting, because the shipping from Washington to Montana is surprisingly more than from Florida to Montana. Food for thought.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

And it´s a different plywood too. BS 1088 is a minimum requirement. Our is Lloyds approved , I don´t know about the Hydrotek.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com