Penny HMD19

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Harmony HMD19

Post by cape man »

Wow! Just Wow!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Noles309
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Noles309 »

Looks awesome Marc. Winter is going to last forever because you are so close :wink:
Gary
GF-16 Completed

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi guys...Thanks again for the support this season... and the laughs.
I truly enjoy the camaraderie and sharing our thoughts and progress from the four corners of the world.

See you all next season, be safe, be good. I will lurk as usual to keep in touch.
Justin buddy, Glossieblack, Barraman, Topwater, Joe H, Walkers Run, AtTheBrink, pee wee, Noles309, narfi, Knottybuoys, tcason, Browndog, AA, Peter-C, Jaysen, gonandkarl, TomW1, Dougster, Eric1, Fuzz, cape man, Doug N, MrPaul and Jeff/Jamie on the front desk...keep on building / enjoy your ride 8) ...hope I did not miss anyone :oops: CL is missing but I'm sure he is chuckling along or shaking his head :wink:

Great design Evan, thank you.

Marc
Last edited by blueflood on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

You have a good break and enjoy the planning for what you need to do next year. It looks like we may have our first snow in the mountains this week here in NC. :lol: :lol: Won't amount to much and the ground is to warm for it to stick. :D

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi Tom,

You bet; I need to do something this winter; tidy my boat file, plan a kayak 8O ...not sure.
Well, the snow is coming, no doubt :lol: Seems we just got over the last winter :roll:

Take care in the mountains, Tom. The only place to be.
Marc

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hey guys...been lurking...nice builds !

So, any ideas of how to raise this boat to get her on a trailer sitting on her craddle ?

Been thinking about this thing. 10 ton capacity and long reach :D Any thoughts welcomed. Just looking at the cradle, maybe jack up one side, then the other with blocks from the skid part ? Or since here is a slope where I build, I can maneuver the trailer (hitched) to align the bunks more or less with the cradle and gently pull her in ?

Marc
Last edited by blueflood on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Hydraulic jack and lots of cribbing. Will not be hard but it will take a little time. If you have a 4x6 wider than the trailer you can jack up the front half high enough to slide the trailer 2/3s under the boat and you got it made from there. Looking forward to seeing it slide off the trailer and into some water.

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

Build an above ground swimming pool around it with boat ramp!!!!

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Oh boy... Narfi's wife let him use the computer unsupervised again.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Doug N
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Doug N »

Marc
I had never done this either but don't know if my method will help you. I am fortunate to have a small tractor and with my neighbours tractor as well, we lifted the boat high enough to get the trailer under it. Used the bow eye and two trailer tie down eyes on the transom as lift points. If you have buddies with tractors (or any other lifting type equipment) offer fishing trips in exchange for help... Free beer works too. That equipment working on the tree in your picture would probably make short work of it.
Hydraulic jack and cribbing as per Fuzz would probably be the most practical way to do it if no equipment was available although I think Narfi's method would be the most fun.
Doug