2014 Texas Builder's Meet July 25-27 @ POC

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: 2014 Texas Builder's Meet July 25-27 @ POC

Post by tech_support »

sounds like a great meet. Looking forward to the pictures 8)
any of you guys know how that is done?
Hi chuck :) tho upload pictures you create a new gallery, or you can use a photo sharing like photo-bucket and link to it

duckworks
New Poster
New Poster

Post by duckworks »

Thanks, Joel!

Here are some of the pictures I took - you guys will have to help me identifying them:

This, of course, was the potluck dinner and naturally almost everyone's back is to the camera. At least I got Glynn.

Chuck

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

It's fun to see those pics Chuck, thanks for posting 'em. I'm glad you made it over there and happy to meet you and find out we're dang near neighbors. Mrs. Dougster and I had a great time. Fishing was tough, but no matter. Nina still got her first fish, a gafftop. UncleD said "boy you really slimed her" :lol: I have to give special thanks to Glenn for helping both launch and retrieve my ride. He immediately realized the ramp wasn't gonna work, talked up a nearby guy to find a better one a couple miles down, and off we went. I "S" backed her part way down, Dougster style :roll: , climbed in, and he backed me down straight. Then he ran back to the slip and caught me before I took the dock out. The next day I managed to get her in the slip alone, to my great amazement. Then he waited around Sun. morning to help me load her back on. Big thanks to you Glenn. Good water, good place to stay, good food, and great folks. Friday, puttering in to the slip, someone going by the other way in another boat shouted over "is that an inboard or an outboard :doh: ". I made a "so so" gesture with my hand and said "she's bi".

Sure had fun Dougster

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Looks like you guys had a great time :) The boats look awesome, please post more pics when you get time.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle »

Great pictures. Looks like you guys/gals had a blast. On a side note, I think the Poppin' Cork maybe wins the contest for number of builders meets attended :D You guys are awesome 8)

Will

BTW Dougster, I shot coffee out of my nose as I was reading this :lol:
Friday, puttering in to the slip, someone going by the other way in another boat shouted over "is that an inboard or an outboard :doh: ". I made a "so so" gesture with my hand and said "she's bi".

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one

Steven

Post by Steven »

Really wanted to come by and hang out, but we'd have been there at 11 on Saturday and then had to drive home overnight after hanging out all day. Just wasn't in the cards this time. Sounds like you guys had a good time. Would have loved to see the boats. Next year.

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

Just got my a few more pic uploaded

UncleD bringing it in:

Dougster on the bay

How many rods does one fisherman need?

At least one more! :D

MD :wink:
Ergo piscor, ergo sum

Uncle D
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Uncle D »

Julie and I had a blast. This wasn't the first time on the water but first time fishing in it. My friend Louis, Glenn and I hit the water Sat. Morn. We caught trout and made a long run. Defiantly need a prop. Can't get the bow up. The faster we go the flatter it ran almost to the point of plowing. I plan to swap power heads at some time. Then we'll fit a proper prop. As it was we got 32 at about 5000 rpm. After fishing, it was food and fellowship. The big surprise for me was seeing Paul, Alisha and T. T's not a pup anymore. Really good to see you guys and meeting Grandpa and Grandma. We meet new friends too. The meet had more new faces this year. As always looking forward to the next time.

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

Wanted to tell everyone thanks for a good time at the meet and thank the guys that took pics. We had a real good time renewing old friendships and meeting the new folks. I don't think I was there long enough to remember the new folks but when I see you next year I'll recognize you and you can tell me your name again. :doh:

Uncle D and Dougster did a great job on their builds, would have liked a ride in both but didn't have the time this year, maybe next year. We only had about a 5 day lead time on knowing we could come this year, hopefully next year'll be different and we will be able to stay at Clarks and hang out.

Good Job to the guys for putting it together.