HC14, Jefferson State

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Vanagod
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: HC14, Jefferson State

Post by Vanagod »

Wow, it has been a long time since I last posted...and a lot of progress too. I guess I enjoy building and spending extra time with my wifey as opposed to posting on the forums. There are a fiar number of updated pictures in my gallery though. Anyways, I have completed fairing the outside of the hull!! :D

Next steps: router-fillet the rub rail and fair the rub-rail and the inside of the boat. I think I just might have her done by the end of summer.
-Aaron
"A-Ron the relentless"

Soli Deo Gloria
Semper Reformanda

Gentalben
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Gentalben »

I have just started building my canoe and your photos and detailed reports on your progress have been very helpful. I would very much like to have the off sets for the rub rail if you still have them.

Vanagod
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Vanagod »

Are you building a HC14 also? I just got back from 9 days of camping, but I will try to get you the offsets and my recommendation ins the next few days (posted to this thread).
-Aaron
"A-Ron the relentless"

Soli Deo Gloria
Semper Reformanda

Gentalben
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Gentalben »

Yes I'm building the HC 14 I just finished cutting out all the parts and am getting ready to butt glue the joints. I noticed that you did not use the molds just spreaders. Did you try the molds?

Vanagod
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Vanagod »

I used spreaders so that I could run the tape down the (chine) seams in one continuous length. While maybe possible with frames, I wasn't sure how, so spreaders just seemed easier.
-Aaron
"A-Ron the relentless"

Soli Deo Gloria
Semper Reformanda

Gentalben
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Gentalben »

I didn't think about that and didnt read your post untill I already had done it in 2 stages oops. It's still ok just a little more fairing where the joints overlap :lol:

Vanagod
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Vanagod »

She's splashed. Check out the launch forum. Also, look over my gallery. I posted many more pictures of the build and my lovely family that helped.
-Aaron
"A-Ron the relentless"

Soli Deo Gloria
Semper Reformanda