Port Aransas plyWooden Boat Festival

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Port Aransas plyWooden Boat Festival

Post by AtTheBrink »

My boat was at the dock some of the time... Its pretty easy to see how the judges may have missed it. I just couldn't help myself, there was a great trout bite on and they were screaming my name! I also caught a Spanish mackerel up on the flat, kinda rare to catch in that shallow. But Sunday I caught an 18 inch barracuda, really rare to catch one of those on the flats here.
Mike

"Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

Woods Designs
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Port Aransas plyWooden Boat Festival

Post by Woods Designs »

I only just read this post, sorry. I was one of the four judges at PA and I have to apologise to those down on the docks. You are right, we didn't get down there so you didn't feature in the judging.

It was really hard choosing the "Best of Show" as we basically all had different top 10's - there were that many great boats on display. We went round separately and then all together and eventually almost drew straws to chose the overall winner.

But for those who were displayed ashore... some people left early, some on Saturday, even though the show didn't finish until 4pm Sunday. One of those who left early was the only boat that featured on all our Best of Show lists, but because the builder and boat left early we didn't think it fair, or right, to give him first place.

Next year will be different!! We will know how to do it, for a start we'll start taking bribes now......

Richard Woods