VA - WV13

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: VA - WV13

Post by pee wee »

Boost240sx wrote: Speaking of the sole I'd like to lower the sole at least and 1.5 or so. Anybody who has built one of these have dimensions for the sole in this lowered position? Figured I'd ask since it would save me a couple hours.

You look like you're sitting up pretty high- are you sitting at plan sole height in the photo or did you lower it already?
Hank

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

I just saw on another thread that you said this is your first large fiberglass job. That is...umm...astounding 8O . I've done a bit of fiberglassing in my life and can't begin to compare with your work, and even so, nothing has ever gone ahoo with it.

You have a future in boat building, methinks. :D
Tony

Boost240sx
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Boost240sx »

In the picture the stringers are per the plan and I'm sitting on a 1x4 across them. There is way too much freeboard in my opinon so that's why I'm considering removing ~2 inches. Hind sight being 20/20 I should have taped the water line when I had it in, so I'm going to re-float it and mark it before I cut the stringers.

Thanks terrulian, I would love to kick the engineering gig and move 75 miles south to build carolina beauties but I fear it only a pipe dream.