Eric's C21

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Eric's C21

Post by Jaysen »

I've noticed you've never shown us the use of the big shiny balls after the first exposure.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Jaysen wants to see Eric playing with his balls :help:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:01 pm Jaysen wants to see Eric playing with his balls :help:
only suggesting it for you. :P
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Jaysen wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:57 pm I've noticed you've never shown us the use of the big shiny balls after the first exposure.
They are more headache than they are worth so I'm not going further with them.
They do work but it takes a lot of effort.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Fuzz wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:01 pm Jaysen wants to see Eric playing with his balls :help:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dayum!!!

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Looking great, Eric!

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Eric1 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:04 pm
Jaysen wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:57 pm I've noticed you've never shown us the use of the big shiny balls after the first exposure.
Serious question... serious... its a question that isn't entendre of any kind (not even double)...

Is it just a tight space thing? I'd see how it would be a tight fit now, but when pulling a long straight fillet I'd think they would have easy enough for any idiot (me) to use (assuming I'm understanding the use).

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Jaysen wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:21 pm
Eric1 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:04 pm
Serious question... serious... its a question that isn't entendre of any kind (not even double)...

Is it just a tight space thing? I'd see how it would be a tight fit now, but when pulling a long straight fillet I'd think they would have easy enough for any idiot (me) to use (assuming I'm understanding the use).
I specifically wanted them to address the corners in the frame to stringer to hill. That is a pita!
A straight corner of two sides they work fine but why produce them? A simple piece of PVC pipe does the same thing in that application.
Does that make sense?

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

If I'm thinking this right...

assume line A is hull/frame horizontal (bottom), line B is hull/stinger horizontal (bottom), line C is stringer/frame vertical. Thinking of CAD a=x, c=y, b=z with 0,0,0 being the complex corner. the ball would move 0,0,Z--> 0,0,0 making fillet. Lift and do X,0,0 --> 0,0,0. Lift and 0,Y,0 --> 0,0,0. In theory that would leave a perfect fillet on three axis at 0,0,0

Was that the basic idea?

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

You nailed it. :D