Joe's V10

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Joe's V10

Post by pee wee »

I took a chance on Windows 10 and it will let me paste to desktop, but I have had other buggy things happen. My Linux/Ubuntu experiences were problematic, too.
Hank

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

I can copy and past to the desk top I just can't right mouse click and display the properties in pictures on the forum here since loading Windows 10 and I can't use another operating system because of compatibility with work, back to 8.1 I guess.

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

I have window's 7 at work and am able to post the pictures.

That’s not air bubbles underneath the glass, I used west system adhesive powder to thicken the resin, it’s the cream color of the glue showing through.

Joe H

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

When I right click on a photo using Windows 10 it give me the choice of "copy image location", and that is what I use to get images to where I want them:

Hank

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

:roll: Your tape job looks better than mine. But I sure remember this stage as one of the most gratifying.
Did you find that you got just a little concavity at the bow after pulling the frankenbolt in? I'm talking about 1/8" and less.That happened to me, and I spent quite a bit of time trying to get the bow symmetrical using a contour gauge and comparing the sides, then filling with glass fibers and other goop. If I did it again I think I'd be forewarned and be a little more cautious but I was more focused at the time on just the struggle to get the pieces to join together. In the end it came out quite fair I think.
Tony

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

No concavity Tony, all looks good, it is a good stage to be at, I want to move on but it's been cold in my garage and when I try to knock the weave down on the glass the sand paper just gums up, I put an electric heater aimed at the boat so maybe that will speed things up, my brother and his lovely wife live on Alameda Is. and tells me the weather has been pretty rough in your area!

Hank, no go, I don't see it.

on a bright note I did get out ice fishing today, finally! :D

You wouldn't freeze to death up here Larry, we'd put a coat on ya.

Joe H

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

on a bright note I did get out ice fishing today, finally! :D
That's a bright note :?: :help: Damn, it's 50 here and I've got a fire burning.
You wouldn't freeze to death up here Larry, we'd put a coat on ya.
You ain't got enough coats to keep me warm in your garage, much less on that ice. NFW :!: I see what those kids are wearing.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Got out in the garage last night, man was it cold, I sanded off the second coat of fairing compound, I’m calling it good enough for now, we’ll see how she looks after the 1st coat of primer, oh, and Tony’s post reminded me to attach my skeg, he had shown his brass strip on his the sked and I was thinking I need to do something like that, then I remembered, hell I need to put on my skeg, no problem sanded down to the glass and put it on.

Here’s some pics:

Thanks.
Joe H

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Joe, it's very cool you have enough space to step back and look! I had to wait until I was completely done and moved it outside to see what she really looked like. Yours is looking very good.
Tony