ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

Post by Fuzz »

Properly scolded, moving on :wink:

Watching some UTube of the Noosia bar today and it looks like the bar has changed quite a bit from the last time I looked. Is this the case or is it just my memory?

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Me, I need a pic, or better yet a video, of the new feather pram underway to Skinnydip, and maybe even a video of you crossing the bar under diesel power.
I, on the other hand, want to see a video of Glossie crossing the Noosa bar in the feather pram! :D

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Ordered eight new Lithium battery cells for Skinnydiip today.

Very satisfying day yesterday. Had a pleasant solo row, wilderness walk, lunch and snooze before returning to launching point in Feather Pram. Car-topped her on the child bride's wheels single handed. :D

Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

cape man

Post by cape man »

[Ordered eight new Lithium battery cells for Skinnydiip today.]

Nevermind gents. Seems he walked back. :lol:
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Cape man, your circuit breaker created the free space for me to walk back. Thanks. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

cape man

Post by cape man »

:D
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Can’t believe they designed that car to perfect fit the lines of that pram. Seems like some car designer must build boats!

I don’t think you will be disappointed giving the edrive those batteries. Look for a low voltage shutoff (I’m surprised the batts don’t have one built in). You should be able to get one for each 12v bank one per cell would be ideal but might get frustrating (cost, effort to install, frequency of bank shutdown).

Looking forward to some collective adventures of your entire fleet!
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

Michael, have you considered installing a lead acid battery to run your anchor light - so as to not put the lithium’s at risk?

PS I’m glad you decided to resuscitate the eDrive!
Last edited by BarraMan on Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Yep. Given my recent stuff up, a very cost effective alternative. :roll:

cape man

Post by cape man »

What about a solar light?