ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: ST21 'Skinnydip' build, and boating adventures, Noosa, Australia

Post by glossieblack »

Thanks Tom. :D

We've berthed Great Sandy in Tin Can bay, a sleepy village at the southern end of the Great Sandy Straits. This morning we caught the Greyhound back to Noosa for a couple of days to sign legal docs and attend to life's administrivia. Already looking forward to getting back onto Great Sandy. :wink:

Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Pretty nice to be able to put the boat in a nice slip and head home for a few days when needed.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Fuzz wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:25 pm Pretty nice to be able to put the boat in a nice slip and head home for a few days when needed.
Yep, especially when the port/marina is still predominantly a commercial fishing one. We're back on Great Sandy, and today we got a new and interesting aft neighbour - an outa-town commercial long-liner which no doubt wlll run its engines and night-sky-white-out lights 24/7. What global warming?

Interesting and thirsty crew though. :wink:

Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

I am totally surprised a crew of commercial fishermen would indulge in adult beverages while in port :doh: :lol:

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Delete
Last edited by fallguy1000 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

cape man

Post by cape man »

Seems the administrivia was more than you anticipated? Hope your good.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Me too, hope all is well GB!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:52 pm Those bolts require annual inspection. I wish I could find an annual inspection sheet for my boat. It'll be a big list..
Hi fallguy there are hundreds of inspection sheets on the web here is one that covers everthing generally but you could make more detailed if you want. https://www.jotform.com/form-templates/ ... klist-form Here is a hole group of inspection forms if this one doesn't fit. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bo ... BasicHover Just click on one to enlarge.

Hope you had a nice Thankgiving.

Hope all is well GB! Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:52 pm Those bolts require annual inspection. I wish I could find an annual inspection sheet for my boat. It'll be a big list..
Was I drunk when I posted this or did you delete the other message cuz I can delete away if u like.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

All, has anyone heard from GB? He has not been on the forum in a few weeks!!! Jeff