Super Light SC16

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Super Light SC16

Post by Jaysen »

VT_Jeff wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:24 pm
Jaysen wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:38 am It plays for me.
Spoken like a true developer. :lol:
Worse... SRE manager/Product Manager.

"working as designed"

:P
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Getting that old outboard back up and running is a great thing. The rig will draw even more interest at the dock :D

cape man

Post by cape man »

Been meaning to upload results. I got it all back together, tried to start it, and the key that holds the flywheel onto the driveshaft came loose, and then the flywheel wouldn't come loose! Had to go get a gear puller, and then get creative to get something under the flywheel to pull from. Crimped two loops on the end of a short piece of cable and was able to pull it off.

Refilled the tank, tightened down some connections in the fuel line where it was leaking, and the first pull she started spitting!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3y_Po1l76U

Not at all happy with the paint job. I cleaned everything thoroughly and primed and painted with high-temp automotive paint, but it is flaking off with just a little handling. Not interested in tearing it all back down right now, and it is purdier than it was before. I have to remove some of the thickness in the starboard clamping board I glued to the transom before I can get it on and go for a spin.

As you can see in the video, it certainly isn't compliant with today's emission standards. The condition of the water in the bucket after running for just about 5 minutes also confirms the way the lower unit lubrication is based on achieving an oil water emulsion...
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

cape man

Post by cape man »

The starboard clamping board is actual Starboard, not that the motor is clamped on the starboard side of the transom :lol: :lol: :lol:
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

cape man

Post by cape man »

Oh yeah...to get a real sense of the purring that little engine makes, you should turn your volume WAY up! :help: :help: However, if I can get 60 years of service out of the 2.5 Yamaha I'll be amazed (and be over 120 years old myself 8O 8O ), and the Seagull weighs less than half of the modern 4 stroke. Had fun doing this, now just need some time to fix the transom and go for a trip.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Very cool project Cape Man!!! Enjoyed it!!! Jeff

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Love what you have done with the old Seagull. My dad loved the old engines and this would have put a huge smile on his face.

cape man

Post by cape man »

Hermine goes a little faster than I thought! My son running in the Buttonwood canal in Everglades National Park. [url]https://youtu.be/zVUakH55kBU/[url]

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice Cape Man!!! Really pretty place!! Jeff