Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by Fuzz »

Yeh but we have 22 hours and 47 minutes of visible light today. Days are getting shorter :cry:
Fun fact: The all time high for Alaska is the same as Miami.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

BB Sig wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:21 pm I'll let you know if it gets that cold tonight here in Florida! :lol:
in winter! Low night time temp for us... 80F.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

LOL! It was a fridged 71* F last night. I had to put some long sleeves on! :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Let’s be honest ... we keep our AC temp higher than Fuzz’s high temp because it make the house too cold.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Jasen will like this. There is nothing like drinking all night in a bar and walking out at 3 in the morning into full sunshine :help:

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

Fuzz wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:04 pm Jasen will like this. There is nothing like drinking all night in a bar and walking out at 3 in the morning into full sunshine :help:
Or working on your boat until 3 am and walking out into the sunshine :P

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

I've been on tour in Alaska a few times, always in the summer. Played Homer, Ketchikan, Juneau, Anchorage. I remember getting the gear packed up and heading to the hotel at 0200 and seeing people washing their cars.
Tony

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Well, the time has come to actually make some repairs to Lil Bit. Was starring at it and realized I’m missing a critical piece of knowledge.

I have eaten through the glass in the stern corners. Down to the wood. Bottom “painted” with graphited epoxy. I know I need to get rid of the paint before putting the glass patch down, but how big of an area needs cleared?

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

I am guessing something like 2-3 inches. You know the rule "pictures get better answers" :wink:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:20 pm I am guessing something like 2-3 inches. You know the rule "pictures get better answers" :wink:
Stop making sense!

Picture tomorrow. Forgot when I was at boat staring at it, now sitting on dock to catch winter meats.

I’m a bit nervous about getting into the EMC if I have to go too far up the side. Oh well. It is supposed to be “repairable”.