Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by Jaysen »

That trip was setting the bait trap. Adam pulled the FL14 down and I’m taking him out shortly.

The horizon trick only works for a bit with me. You’ll have to ask Fuzz how long it works as I was too busy trying to look “normal” to watch a clock. I do know that in the race boats, sundown pretty much sends my into night night land. I can function, but as soon as I’m idle the lights go out.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Jaysen I think you will be fine on a trip lasting more than one day. You did not get puking sick so that tells me you will get over it quick. The only time I have been seasick was from no sleep 24 hours before the trip started and getting into lumpy enough stuff right away that a sister ship showed me both sides of her keel on one roll.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Well today probably needs it's own thread...

Went out fishing with the FL14. Seemed glorious but we had to launch from a different location. I got to run the FL back to the normal launch. In doing so Adam's boat got into some way to big water. Nothing worse than the what I've taken Lil Bit into, but it was NOT a good time. I nearly turned around but while I was working out how to do that safely I found the sweet spot and managed to progress. About 3min later I popped. I was solo so I had to tough it out for 30min but once I got it out I was fine. Right now I'm sitting at the Skitch table wishing everything would just settle down and stop moving.

Adam had a few firsts...
1. First trout
2. First time cleaning a trout
3. First time making dinner with a trout he caught

I have a little bit of clean up on the dagger and I need to fix a couple places that opened up in Adam's rub rail (I did say I nearly turned around). Look for some new photos tomorrow. Who votes for a "Jaysen fixes Adam's FL14 thread"?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

The more threads with pictures, the better! :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Getting the dagger board situation addressed to the point I can mix epoxy for both Lil Bit and Adam. And yes, I know my house needs power washed.

S. O. B. tooled the previous stops used to align thing out and cleans up the excess epoxy (still hate that tool!). Sanded with 60 to a level referred to as “fork it, I’m done sanding” and rinsed it off. Just need a clear coat and I’m calling it done.

And yes, the milled cove goes into the trunk to make the fit tighter. My fillets suck so tremendously that I decided to look at the ugly rather than have the board not sitting in the slot right.

There is still a gap forward and after of the dagger but it should be much less fountain like now. Hope to get it back out to “why are you out here in that!?!?” water in a day or so. Mrs said she’s bringing the video camera this time.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Waiting with baited breath for this. I finally had to understand what that phrase meant, so: It's not baited, it's 'bated, which is short for abated, first used by Shakespeare in The Merchant of Venice. It means, "I'm holding my breath."
See, Jaysen, you're an inspiration to us all to get an education.
Tony

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Hahahahaha

I’m sure fisher-wives everywhere approve of their men not having bait breath when they come home from a day on the water. I know mine will.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Jaysen wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:29 am Mrs said she’s bringing the video camera this time.
This could be interesting! Make sure you say everything in some sort of an accent, like a rusty old sailor or pirate!!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

I was really hoping for a movie of you sailing with one hand and bailing with the other as large geysers of water shot up out of the trunk :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

You are both likely to get what you desire in the video.