Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by narfi »

Jaysen wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:48 am a good day to drink rum!
I took your advice from a couple years ago and have a good story for you when we get home in a week or two.....

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Workboat finish for the win

It's definitely a 20@30 finish (looks great at 20' if the boat is going 30mph. I didn't get too hung up on masking since I need to completely redo the paint from docks, oysters, dumba$$ using a sander. That will get done at the next bottom job which I'm planning for the August fishing doldrums.

Enough of my excuses. Here she is in all he sloppily faired bueaty.

She should be glossy after that last coat cures all the way. Maybe. Who knows.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

OK get that thing in the water and go kill something!...................Hopefully not yourself :lol:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Fully agree with Fuzz!!!! Jeff

cape man

Post by cape man »

...or just almost kill yourself and then write up the whole story here!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jonnymac »

cape man wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:17 pm ...or just almost kill yourself and then write up the whole story here!
Yep,I could do with some good stories!

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I’m shall endeavor to supply responses all requests. Current plan is to launch tomorrow and get her settled on the lift at the neighbor’s dock (the one you see in any pictures of lil bit hitting a dock. That will provide ample opportunity for “near Jaysen death” experience. If all goes well with the initial launch and load I’d like to take her for a sail in the evening.

My money is on the lift being a bully and my noggin taking one for the team.

Who’s making the pool?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Tell me this isn’t going to be a good day and I’ll likely call you names!

Loaded on her dolly (that’s what us little boat guys call a hand trailer) and ready to remind me that she’s not the weak link in my plans.

I may need to take a day off work.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I forgot just how damn sexy the lines on the V12 are when she’s right side up. I’m just sitting here staring at her out my window. If she was a human the wife would likely have grounds for divorce.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Yep that is one fine looking skiff. Those could be the best looking of all the designs here.
Pray tell what is that blue and white thing in the yard?