Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
BrianC
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by BrianC »

5E675616-DB46-4A12-B98D-8472D8F0EE98.jpeg
5E675616-DB46-4A12-B98D-8472D8F0EE98.jpeg (53.91 KiB) Viewed 14810 times
SK14 completed ——— GV15 under construction "...there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
The Wind in the Willows — Kenneth Grahame

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fun fact: you have 11minutes between pouring fast hardener into the resin (for a 3oz mix) when the temp is 98F until you have a fire in your hand.

I need to read the bottles BEFORE I MEASURE hardener. Neat coat on dagger (done) and adam’s repair. Lost about half the neat. Slow for the filler later.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

You should read Fallguy's book on how to keep epoxy from kicking to soon! (When he writes it) Got to keep it moving and spread it out fast!

So did you make a hockey puck? :lol: :lol:
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

FG and I use a lot of the same methods. In this case the mix was being brushed/poured and was neat so there wasn’t a good option to spread it out. I made too much anyway ...

Not a puck this time. More like a 2” flap disc. I make pucks when I’m using expensive additives like silica or graphite. Never puck with wood flour. Boooo
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Gee for some reason I never have that problem :doh: :lol: :lol:

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Fuzz wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:06 pm Gee for some reason I never have that problem :doh: :lol: :lol:
8O No. You have the "lightspeed hardner" that still moves slow as molasses due to freeze the yeti's balls off cold! 8O

:lol: :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

BB Sig wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:17 pm
Fuzz wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:06 pm Gee for some reason I never have that problem :doh: :lol: :lol:
8O No. You have the "lightspeed hardner" that still moves slow as molasses due to freeze the yeti's balls off cold! 8O

:lol: :lol:
I mean... how does epoxy EVER cure up there?

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Maybe it doesn't cure, it just freezes and becomes hard as rock!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Hey I will have you guys know it hit the high of the summer so far today. It was a blistering 68f :D

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

I'll let you know if it gets that cold tonight here in Florida! :lol: