Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, just saw your order come through!! I will mail or call you in the morning regarding the additional items you requested!! I will also let you know when we will cut (CNC) your kit!! Probably Thursday morning but I will confirm in the morning as well!! Great kit, you will love it and yes, we will follow your build from start to completion!! Thank you for your business!!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

The biggest problem will be shipping. I'm in east jesus nowhere SC. Makes for great access to the water but not the happiest drivers. Although a thought ... Should I spring for the topcoat now and get it all in one shipment?

The Mrs is almost as excited for the build as I am. She has her chair all ready, her tea brewed, and her hat brushed. I will have excellent oversight. I've been instructed that NO blood other than my own can be spilt on the finish until AFTER I've sailed her to the sand bar.

So much for my fishing boat.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, no worries on shipping, Jamie is an expert with the shipping companies!! We can discuss tomorrow!! No need to order everything in one shipment!!! Thank you again and you guys have a nice evening!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Temp shop is set up. I'll post pics later.

I do have a question: what is the best barrier between a floor surface and the long sections being butt joined?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Any kind of cheap plastic sheeting. I usually just buy plastic painters drop cloths and cut off what I need. Not that a V12 really has a "long" surface anyway :lol: But plastic under the joints. Glad Wrap will work.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Perfect. I realized I was "out" of 4mil of any size. Should have enough to get all 4 of the panels glued up in one sitting. Might take 19 batches of glue in this heat, but I'll only need the deck for a day.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, I will give you a call tomorrow regarding the cnc cut of your V12 as well as shipping information!! Have a nice evening!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

UPS guy brought me some presents!

Anyone have a recommendation on best plan to get resin and hardener out of bottles? I realized I forgot about that in my planning.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

I pour it in cups, very simple/ Some like pumps but I find it cleaner and faster to pour.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I was thinking about that. Clean solo cups. Two funnels. A scale. Store funnels in large ziplock bags and clearly label resin and hardener. Use disposable plastic bowls for mixing.

Seem right?