view your posts

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
bateau-webmaster

Re: view your posts

Post by bateau-webmaster »

Walkers Run wrote:When I open the forum page in Safari I'm already logged in, when I click on quick links though I have to log in again. :doh:
I'm pretty lazy too
Not sure what's going on there. There's a checkbox on the login that says "remember me" make sure that is checked, it might help matters
Cracker Larry wrote:One thing I'd like to see different, and I've mentioned it a few times on the old forum too, is that if you click on any hyperlink it closes the Bateau tab and opens the link in same tab you were in. I know you can right click on it and open in a new tab, but hyperlinks should automatically take you to a new tab. I'm sure no web expert, but have built a couple of low tech websites, and when setting them up I always got the option to do that.
The external links are set up to always open in a new window/tab as of Monday, or Tuesday. With PHPbb there are a lot of settings that aren't like how you would configure a typical website, as the BBCode is a PHP based string replace function, and having external links open in a new window was actually an add-on that I had to install. There are some internal links where it will open in the same window, but this is unavoidable.

If you find a link today, in particular that is still opening in the same window, send me the url of the page where you found the link, and I will see what I can do. I do know the attachments will open in the same window, as these are internal links, which unavoidably behave that way.

bateau-webmaster

Also of note: If there are links that aren't opening in a new window, you can force them to by <ctrl>-clicking on them. This is a feature of most browsers, including Firefox, and Chrome.

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

You fixed it :!: Good job 8) I've tried about 5 links and they all opened in a new tab :D
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rickk »

I have to log in every time I come here. I think there was a button before that was something like "keep me logged in".

bateau-webmaster

Rickk, Try this. click your username, then click logout. Then click login again, and on the popup that comes up there will be a check box that says "Remember Me", that should do it.

hawmjans
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by hawmjans »

I find the user gallery to be very helpfull, but browsing for info is very difficult.

Best way is to use goole with bateau and gallery and the boat description to get to a users album.
Maybe there are more tips to browse the galleries?

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

I'm getting bounced out after I log in, sometimes in less than two minutes.
I use almost exclusively an Ipad. I think it may be due to having multiple tabs open, but it didn't do that before the upgrade. It's kinda sorta like the cookie problem that windows based computers have. If I close all old tabs before I log in, it seems to stop the issue.

I was thinking about starting a new thread last night, didn't, but left the tab open.
This morning, I replied to another thread and the forum put that reply in the new thread tab that I left open from last night.
I quickly hit the x button on the thread and it brought up a box asking for a reason why I wanted to delete the thread.
I replied duplicate and It wiped out the thread.

I really like the upgrade, but like everything else tech it's going to take some getting used to.

Edit, I use Safari.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Aripeka Angler, I will ask Jamie to have a look at your noted issues tomorrow. I also use a mini I-Pad but have not suffered the same issue yet although I only have a few tabs open at any given time. We will get back to you tomorrow!! Have a nice weekend, Jeff

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

hawmjans wrote:I find the user gallery to be very helpfull, but browsing for info is very difficult.

Best way is to use goole with bateau and gallery and the boat description to get to a users album.
Maybe there are more tips to browse the galleries?

Yes, I do the same thing. It is a weak point of that software, not the fault of our webmaster.
We are looking for a better gallery.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com