view your posts

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

view your posts

Post by terrulian »

In the new layout I can't find this choice. Since I'm old I may not remember which threads I have been following and sometimes I use that feature to remind myself of others' threads that may have become inactive for awhile. Is it still here someplace?
Tony

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: view your posts

Post by Jaysen »

The long way is to use the user control panel. The link is there. I also miss the link in the header though. Makes it simpler to find my build thread (yes, I'm that lazy, just ask my wife).
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Also missing from the board index is "view new posts" which was always where I looked first.
Tony

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

I didn't see that at first, either. There is something titled "quick links" at the top just above "Board Index" and if you click on that you'll get a drop down menu with new posts, your posts, etc.
Hank

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

One thing I'd like to see different, and I've mentioned it a few times on the old forum too, is that if you click on any hyperlink it closes the Bateau tab and opens the link in same tab you were in. I know you can right click on it and open in a new tab, but hyperlinks should automatically take you to a new tab. I'm sure no web expert, but have built a couple of low tech websites, and when setting them up I always got the option to do that.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Thanks, pee wee...I get it now. I think I clicked on that before but I wasn't logged in at the time so those options were absent.
Tony

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Cracker Larry wrote:One thing I'd like to see different, and I've mentioned it a few times on the old forum too, is that if you click on any hyperlink it closes the Bateau tab and opens the link in same tab you were in.
That might be something the WebMaster can fix, but when I was playing around with the settings in my previous browser I saw that I could choose what happens when I click a link- open in new tab was one of the choices. I'm currently using Opera browser and I can't find that option with it but I think it's sometimes in the settings, preferences, new tabs.
Hank

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Cracker Larry/Pee Wee, I will ask Jamie to have a look at the new system tomorrow and respond back to you guys!! Jeff

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

That might be something the WebMaster can fix, but when I was playing around with the settings in my previous browser I saw that I could choose what happens when I click a link- open in new tab was one of the choices. I'm currently using Opera browser and I can't find that option with it but I think it's sometimes in the settings, preferences, new tabs.
It's not a matter of my browser settings. I use Firefox, but I'm a member of a dozen forums and this is the only one that does that. I know, it's just a little thing, but a thing none the less that can be easily fixed.

Otherwise, I really like the new format, but I don't know what to do with half the new stuff we can do :lol: 8)
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Walkers Run
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Walkers Run »

When I open the forum page in Safari I'm already logged in, when I click on quick links though I have to log in again. :doh:
I'm pretty lazy too
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda
https://youtu.be/nzWO9FVJODo